1991 hzj75 ute to troopy conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys i have a 1991 hzj75 ute i wish to make a troopy. Will a troop body of the same series bolt straight on no worries? Or could a hj47 body even fit? I just want info on the job before i go ahead with it. Please tell me anything you know. Thank you

top of my head says won't bolt right up...find the chassis line drawings for the different series you are looking to swap, and then do the math...it will NOT be easy...

The difference is in the chassis. The mounts under the ute cab are the same, but the tray mounts are different. The chassis in the ute is also about 80mm longer, it has a small bit in the rear. If you change the rear tray mounts , the peace at the back wont worry. Yours being a 1991 , if you get a 1985 to1992 is ok, but later than 92 has a different fuel tank and mounting. It will fit but a few more mode. As for a 47 I don't know.

If your Aussie, I just don't understand why? You've got an engineers certificate to organise, and a ute is worth heaps more then a troopy. Plus after fixing 3 due to the inherent floor in the design of rust and mammoth amounts of it. Trust me, you will get sick of it! At least the Utes you can unbolt and replace panels. The troopy requires real panel beating skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom