The Cursed Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just thought you guys would like to see the metal I'm going to be using for my flatbed

IMG_20150317_131216811.jpg

IMG_20150317_131243510.jpg

Last edited:
Okay mud. I need some help. My 22re is being mental. I've got code 12, which I know what that is but my issue is weird. If I let it sit over night it won't crank until after I try to start it 10 or so times. But afterwards shell start every time even after I go to school. Anyone have any ideas? Plus its doing the stupid idle rise then drop again now out of no where.

Fuel pump is fine, if it was the fuel pump it would still crank, I don't even have cranking so I'm thinking it's the starter.

Well I pulled the starter, check contacts and cleaned where the wiring harness plugs into and it started fine this morning.

Fianlly got my winch all mounted up, took it for a trst and one wire was broke. I'll test it again tomorrow.

IMG_20150326_210217799.jpg

temp.jpg

Well...I took my winch out for a test. It was going great until I got out of the truck and saw this...The metal started peeling. my welds were fine so I guess I'll have to build a bumper or plate it. In other news I did start the flatbed, gor the frame all welded up, the tubing for the sides cut and I think i may end up cutting them down.

IMG_20150327_162627502.jpg

IMG_20150327_162632525_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150327_162613262.jpg

IMG_20150327_135139905.jpg

IMG_20150327_135148390.jpg

Here's the rest

IMG_20150327_135153398.jpg

IMG_20150327_141708797.jpg

Well, changed the rear sif oil today, glad I did that as there was maybe a quart in the rear diff and the breather plug was clogged majorly! I also checked the TPS and it checked out fine. Currently my goals are, km2's, marlin clutch, master, slave and steel braided clutch line. Finish the flatbed within the next couple of weeks, get the front winch mounted on again, paint the truck back to tan, install bucket seats and carpet along with sound deadening material and reseal the front axle. Then order an OME 2.5" HD lift kit from cruiseroutfitters

Got more of the flatbed done yesterday. I got all the bracing in and welded up. That's 1 1/4 x1 1/4 1/8" square tubing for bracing with the frame being 2x2 1/4 square tubing. This bed won't be light but I am over building it. Today my goal is to get the top part cut out pull off the old bed measure where mounts go and get those cur and welded on.

IMG_20150401_140032594.jpg

I got the metal for the top cut. Turns out I'm 3 inches to narrow on the metal. So I'll have to cut two stops 3 inches long weld them together then cut them down to 79 inches. This coming week I'll be pulling the bed off to sand the frame down and spray paint black again. I also pulled the rear and front breathers and food thing I did as the front one is missing the cap on top to keep fluids from getting in the differential and the rear one. Well I'll let the picture do the explaining.

IMG_20150330_172238768.jpg

Hey mudder, one thing I might add is that I currently have the OME lift and my rear shackle angle is straight up and down...... Rides like garbage. I'm going 63" Chevys and if your going to spend that kind of dough you could even pay someone for way cheaper than that.... But it looks like you can weld so I would highly recommend doing the Chevy springs. Same lift and wayyyy better ride. Also, even though the springs up front are side specific it still leans a tad... Just sayin

Is that the heavey duty lift? And OME or the Dakar springs? If Dakar which generation? And how long have you had them?

Hmmmm I've only had them for 6 months but they are the old man emu CS009R for the rear and the CS008FA and FB for the front. Pretty sure it's the Dakar line. They are standard duty. Front is ok but rear rides super rough

The reason why I'm thinking of the HD's is that flatbed will weight about 500-600 pounds finished. Plus a rear winch and room box then I have my 8274 up front. Which makes me wonder I'd the ride quality would be different. Thank you for telling me how they are for you you though. It helps figure out what I want to do

Yea if you a TON of weight the HDs might work for you but as of now the standard duties are overkill for my empty bed (I even have two sandbags back there) the Chevy springs have an overload on them and there are sets that have extra leafs too. I think you will find that whomever you ask will say Chevy springs. Research it

My son has Chevy springs on his '87 4Runner and he now regrets putting them on.

Just sayin...

Why does he KLF? And here soon I'll ah e some before and after of the frame of my truck. To bad it was only the back half.

I think he said it rides too stiff. Can't remember. I'll ask him when I see him again.

My OMEs are done, at least the front ones are. But, they have over 100K on them. I have less than an inch of bumpstop clearance in the front, so it's not a good ride, especially on our frost heaved roads. Not sure what I'm gonna do either, but I am not willing to do any cutting or welding. I *can* do it, have a nice welder here at home, I just don't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom