Nav and Bluetooth option for First Gen GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. Thanks for the write-up. Does the unit have a back up camera option? My GX doesn't have great rear visability and I'd love to have that feature.

Yes this unit had the connection for a back up camera. I ordered one and it should be here mid march. I found one that is suppose to mount in one of the license plate light holes. Hopefully it looks good because the other cameras I found would look very out of place

Here is the link to the camera

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GO...SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=31l2lrAN+4L&ref=plSrch

image.jpg

That unit looks perfectly at home in the dash - very impressive!

You might have said already, do the steering wheel controls still work?

I am definitely going to buy the same setup, especially after seeing it installed.

Thanks for being the guinea pig.

It does if you order it from the link I provided, mine however does not work. The harness that came with mine was ment for a European toyota prado.

On that site you can specify that your car has the factory amp, and that you need the steering wheel interface.

I wassnt willing to risk purchasing this unit from A Chinese company because I was not certain that it would work at all.

I was the guinea pig for the first order, someone will have to be the next guinea pig for using that supplier...

Also please remember to post back here when you order it and let everyone know your experience

Did you ever get the camera in? Are you still pleased with the head unit? Thinking about ordering one myself. I have the same setup but with rear dvd. Wondering if it will work well with it.

Any updates on the back-up camera?
I'm really interested in something like this that will let me use the steering wheel controls.

Has anyone else bought one of these?
I'd like to get a second opinion before I buy one.

Hey sorry for missing a couple questions.

I am still very happy with this unit. I have not installed the camera yet because I have to run the wires the entire length of the truck and I haven't found the time to strip out the proper items and do this right.

If you need anymore photos or maybe a video of anything just let me know and I will try and help. I certainly understand the frustration of lack of American info. I spent plenty of time translating parts of a couple Russian Toyota Prado forums

Looks nice! Am i right in assuming it uses your phone's broadband connection to get Internet, updated maps/Google maps etc.? So if you go out and forget your phone, you lose all of these capabilities?

It can use your phones internet connection if you want to use a mapping application that requires internet like waze or google maps. However, it comes loaded with a GPS app that is pretty good and I downloaded the GPS app "Here" by Nokia both of these as well as many more work offline just like a regular gps. You simply download the USA maps one time and you are set.

Cool! I may have missed a few posts so forgive me if you already address these questions, but:
1.) does this add the Bluetooth phone capability that is missing from the 2003-04 trucks?
2.) does it include any kind of ipod integration like the VAIS Tech systems? (Had one of those on our 100 Series and it was very slick.)

Thanks!

any updates to how well this is holding up after a year?

So far so good. I really don't have any complaints.

I did get the back up camera installed. It works great. The Headunit automatically turns it on when the truck is put in reverse.

Wow I just saw this. Great job and write up. I sure wish I didn't have factory nav or I would do this. I'm afraid I'm stuck with ML sound and archaic navigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom