Small eye leafsprings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who still makes small eye leafsprings.

Pre 1980 is the time if im im correct.
These have smaller 15mm pins.
Military wrap

Dont look bulky, sit snugg and look stock

When Downey was in business, we made one spring only, but it was sold with different bushings depending upon year model. Look at today's suppliers to see if the same situation applies???

so, nobody makes a spring that replaces the stock small eye leaspring with 25mm OD diameter en 15mm inner diameter bushes???

When Downey was in business, we made one spring only, but it was sold with different bushings depending upon year model. Look at today's suppliers to see if the same situation applies???

As far as I know the FJ40 only came in two different versions of spring hangers. Early to 7-80 and 8/80 and later. So what your saying I could use 8/80 springs on a earlier frame by using a different bushing?:hmm: Would be curious if the pin diameter is the same and opening in the spring eye was different? Isn't the stock spring wider on the 8/80+ springs? In which case would the later spring fit the earlier hanger?

These questions are for anyone not just Jim.

I'm not sure what the pin sizes are, but I know that a late model spring will fit an early cruiser with the appropriate bushings.

It looks as if HFS is the same as the original spring,
can anyone chime in?

How would a HFS 2 inch lift work with stock schakles and rancho 5000 or procomp schoks?

1970's FJ40's used a 16mm shackle pin diameter, 1980's FJ40's used an 18mm shackle pin diameter, BUT we have ran into 15mm shackle pins, my guess is 15mm might have been used on 1960's FJ40's ????? Chime in guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom