Plasma Cutter Selection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked this up used today after missing out on a hyper therm 30 on Craigslist

It's 4 years old but barely used. Came with a circle cut jig, case of consumables/ tips, carrying case and a nice air dryer.

Paid $800 for it.

Fair price? I hope it works well and doesn't have any issues, I always cross my fingers when buying tools off C-List

I'll test it tomorrow and make sure everything is in working order.

Best part is I sold a bunch of clutter around the house on C-List over the last couple weeks to pay for it

That's the exact one I got! $800 is a good price, if I could have found one around my area at that price I would have bought it right up.

Have you used it yet?

I finally had time to test it today.

It cut through 1/8 plate on a 20 amp 110 v plug like butter!

I generally trust people and hope I don't get burned. Buying tools this expensive on c-list is scary. Guy just needed money and I had cash.

He was asking quite a bit more than I paid, but it was all i could afford. I made him an offer the day he listed it. He called back a week later and said bring cash and come get it.

The ground cable needs replacing eventually, looks like some hot flat metal got dropped on it and burned through to the wire in two places the size of a pencil head, I just taped it up for now.

Last edited:
I have a 110v Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 39. When I cut 3/8" plate I have to make a few passes.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417899625.181485.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417899648.920405.jpg

The majority of what I cut is 3/16 or less so it doesn't bother me.

I went with a Longevity 40D with the pilot arc. The only problem I've had with it is my air compressor isn't big enough. it has cut through everything I've asked up to 5mm. Never tried anything thicker, but it's rated up to 3/4" for a severance cut.

Well I suck at taking pictures and at keeping a steady hand with the plasma, but she cuts 3/8" plate with ease. Little buggery on the backside, but that's to be expected (I think). The edge cut was beautiful.

IMAG2744.jpg

IMAG2748.jpg

I cannot believe the rental companies don't pick up on the need. With the initial expense and the amount of time I need one, it is not worth buying one.

I got this two years ago off of ebay for $370. Works well. Wired it up for 220V and added a small desiccant drier. Haven't tried anything thicker than 1/4". Used it to chop up an entire HDJ81 into pcs. No issues so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom