Leg-room (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
Even though the BJ74 is not legal yet since it won't pass inspection with broken windshield, MANY people want to go for a ride on the property here.

I was reading older threads about sliding brackets that allow you to move the rear seat back a bit to get more leg room. Do these exist currently?

Even though the BJ74 is not legal yet since it won't pass inspection with broken windshield, MANY people want to go for a ride on the property here.

I was reading older threads about sliding brackets that allow you to move the rear seat back a bit to get more leg room. Do these exist currently?[/
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
QUOTE]
Not sure what's available on the commercial side, but I have a 1995 HZJ-73 which should be pretty much the same. Had a '92 BJ-74 previously, but for my current vehicle a friend took some mild steel flat bar and made up some rail extensions, tapping the bar to receive the bolts from both the seat and the rail sides. Works great, in fact a bit too long! I'm just over 6'6" w/ a 35.5" inseam and have real trouble in most vehicles. Reclining the seat only goes so far ;) The vehicle is ex-Japan and I'm in New Zealand, so these pics are on the outside of the drivers seat, the squab has a grey canvas cover. Hope it helps.

OP is talking about back seats.

The Australian-delivered back seats are mounted about 10" further rearwards and about 4" higher than the JDM seats, I'm not sure if the actual mounting hard points are the same, but could provide measurements and pics of ADM seats if needed?

hotgemini, yes, pics and measurements of the alternative mount system would be very welcome!
I think I had read about the different seat location but then I forgot.

Do you envision adults or children occupying the rear seats? Obviously every inch the rear seats move aft is an inch taken from the already limited cargo space.

Limited cargo space... true, true. Seat slider tracks would be a great solution. Fabricated old school jump seats could be another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom