source of water leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
I have discovered that my BJ74 allows water to get in on the RH side while parked in the rain. It collects on the rubber floor mat but some also goes under the front drivers carpet on the door side.

I looked and felt all around for water up under the dashboard and detected none. I looked around the FRP roof and where the fold-down windshield meets the cowl. (PO laid on the black silicone here.) Still no evidence of leak.

Any likely areas I should check?

My HJ75 leaked along this seam (where the windshield folds) however a bead of clear silicone corrected the issue.
image.jpg

Your 75 looks awesome! I will inspect the silicone that is on the vehicle now more carefully?

Filled mine up with auto silicon as a precaution, but mine seeps through the windscreen rubber, and I also believe there may be water entering at the top front corners of drip rail and makes it way into pillars, but no dripping

Your 75 looks awesome! I will inspect the silicone that is on the vehicle now more carefully?
Thanks....
The silicone worked for me. It hasn't leaked since.

Mine was the same leaked at bottom of windscreen but it rained all day today and it is leaking in through the windscreen seal itself now
image.jpg

image.jpg
I had something new today my gauges started to fog up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom