Motor does stop after turning ignition off! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys was wondering I have a fj60 with 2F with the weber carb when I shut the ignition off it still wants to keep running timing is set at 7°?!?

Things to check:
- Does the Weber have an idle cutoff, and, if so, is it working?
- Does your float...float? My (non-weber) carb's float soaked up fuel and stopped floating, which made it want to keep running after shutting off the ignition.

There are other possibilities, I'm sure, but those are what came to mind.

The Weber does not have an Idle Control Solenoid, which, on the stock carb, is designed to stop run-on by closing the idle circuit when ign is off.

You might try a seafoam treatment or something like that to clean the combustion chambers, or go back to a stock carb. They're better, anyway. FLAME ON, Johnny !

Actually I was wondering if it was the timing seems a little hard to start when I go back to start it after being hot does that make any sense to y'all?

I have some experience with this in my old 87 extra cab pickup with 22R and Weber 32. My truck would want to "diesel" for a few seconds after shutting it off. Turns out there is an idle solenoid control valve that will shut of the fuel in the idle circuit when you kill the ignition. Worked a charm for me, no more run on after I turned the key off. This is what I know as far as the Weber 32/36 carbs go, not sure which carb you are running for a 2F.

Last edited:
Is it a run-on / dieseling situation or is the truck still running as if you never turned the key off?

It's definitely dieseling when I go to turn ignition off. Then when I go to start it then it's hard to start but starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom