After market lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, all. The headlights and dashboard lights on my troopy aren't quite cutting it, especially when compared to my modern FJ Cruiser.

I've been thinking about upgrading the lights to LED. How many of you have done this? What were your experiences during installation? Are you pleased with the results? Photos are always appreciated.

I've just fitted a set of Power Vision complete replacement headlight assemblies and I'm very happy with them. For the first time ever, there is actually a reasonable amount of forwards vision at night. They may not be for some people who feel that projector headlamps on a 40 series is a no-go, but if you're looking for light, they're recommended. Be sitting down when you ask the price though...:eek:
Sorry about the rubbish pics, but they're about the best I've got at the moment that show the lights.
(Disclaimer:the second cruiser is one I met in a car park, appeared to be connected to Early Land Cruiser Spares. If its someones and they don't want me posting it, send me a PM and I'll take it down. Posted to show the lights only.)
HJ47 LED Headlights.jpg
Two Cruisers 2.jpg

They look great to me, only with that price it better to get the bib and grill emblem both NOS included :eek:

Looks fine to me. Doesn't look outlandish. I already have bad night vision. I need all the help I can get.

Just looked at the price on that set Too rich for my blood.

Last edited:
They look great to me, only with that price it better to get the bib and grill emblem both NOS included :eek:
Yep, they're more than a good set of HID spotties, but I haven't got a bumper to put them on yet (making one in a few weeks because no one makes one round here for a truck with 1" body lift and a shackle reversal.) so the lights it is. Very good quality though.
Some OEM emblems would be nice...Soon!
EDIT: These are them for interested people. If you're after a better price, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
http://www.ultra-vision.com.au/Univ...er-vision-7-bi-l-e-d-head-light-insert-par-56

Last edited:
Yes I had found that price, does it has lifetime warranty no questions asked?:hmm:

With my brother's electrical expertise, we (I mean he) hooked up my HID lights from Dapper Lighting located in NorCal. The lights are unbelievably bright without blinding oncoming traffic, unless you have the high beams on. The high beams are like spotlights.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417068855.220668.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417068881.252935.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417068903.605140.jpg

They look very nice, went on their website, but what was the model and pricing?

:cheers:

Classic V2 with halos. I got a price break on the halos from Ben because they didn't have the black ones in stock. Now, that I have it installed, I prefer the chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom