Waterproof Roof Top Bags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I chatted with the Folks from Rightline Gear at SEMA this year. I was fairly impressed with the options they are coming out with for bags. Some are not quite out for production yet, but hopefully will be soon.

http://www.rightlinegear.com/jeep-products.html

Find some used Pelican boxes on CL.
The manufacture of the Pelican boxes are shooting themself in the throat by permitting such a discount war, pelican4less is plenty cheap but they are a few others..

Hey good for us, the cases are amazing and very long lasting, but please don't drill holes if you really need to keep them water proof (or keep your warranty)..

Doh..

Oh and you will need a bunch of them but if you ever need to float your truck go right ahead.

The manufacture of the Pelican boxes are shooting themself in the throat by permitting such a discount war, pelican4less is plenty cheap but they are a few others..

Hey good for us, the cases are amazing and very long lasting, but please don't drill holes if you really need to keep them water proof (or keep your warranty)..

Doh..

Oh and you will need a bunch of them but if you ever need to float your truck go right ahead.
Yeah i second pelican cases, I've been using them for 20 years and now have a sizable collection. All of them are still just as good as the day i got them, even have a pelican wallet nowadays, which is the best and longest lasting I've ever had.

I second the bsed Pelican boxes. I've bought two cheap and abused them. Their product is well, too good.

Barring that, there is a cheaper duffel bag option.

http://armynavysuperstores.com/mildufflebag.htm

Not a bad buy at $12 to $30 a pop..

All good advice. I got three low profile suitcases sided pelican cases used for about $50 each. I like them becouse the don't sit to high on the rack for interstate driving.

But the cheap well used USGI bags also look great. Drop a thick garbage bag on the inside before loading them and you will be pretty good. We line our backpacking packs with trashcompacter bags. It works great. The outside bag provides all the support and abuse from wind and stuff. The thin plastic bags just keep water out for the most part.

All good advice. I got three low profile suitcases sided pelican cases used for about $50 each. I like them becouse the don't sit to high on the rack for interstate driving.

But the cheap well used USGI bags also look great. Drop a thick garbage bag on the inside before loading them and you will be pretty good. We line our backpacking packs with trashcompacter bags. It works great. The outside bag provides all the support and abuse from wind and stuff. The thin plastic bags just keep water out for the most part.

Yeah, it was a learning experience but I finally learned the greatness of US military duffel bag. I took a Walmart duffle bag to Europe that cost MORE than than a USGI bag and the rat bastard fell apart. Sad part was I knew better, old roommate had five Army duffle bags and I lived off a loaner for five years.

I found two pelican cases on Craigslist and three duffle bags at the local surplus and haven't needed anything since..

Just be careful with Mold, Plastic bags do not breath and if is humidity/condensation inside the plastic bag your clothes or whatever you are carrying will smell or even get stained.

Just try to open the bags when you get to the destination to avoid issues..

We use Bills Bags from NRS. I think they were originally designed for the Grand Canyon.

We raft and have doused these bags in lively whitewater and no leaks yet. They are enormous and hold tent, bags, and pillows, stoves, lanterns...you name it.

On trips west they are packed to the gills and thrown on our trailer, then lashed to the raft once on the river. On the last trip which involved 100s of miles of dusty dirt roads, they kept our gear clean and dry. They can be worn as backpacks too so it's easy to move them around.

I think I've had them for 4 years. Totally and completely worth the money.

I also use pelican cases. I use smaller cheap duffels, cardboard boxes, etc. in the pelican cases to organize things.

Que en Lima...

En donde las compra..??
Sorry I didn't see your question... hay un par de proveedores en Lima, he usado uno de ellos una vez, pero sale como doble el precio, los demas he comprado en el exterior durante viajes. Importando los grandes tampoco vale, ya que su peso y tamaño duplica el costo por flete/impuestos. Mandarme un PM si quieres el detalle del proveedor local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom