86 22r idle problems...please read... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok gang, I just finished doing a cab swap on my 1986 pickup, ended up putting an 89 cab which i had gutted completely (wires and all). I did not move wires from the 86 body to the 89 body, I decided to go with the GM ignition conversion which worked like a charm!!!!!

Got the truck mobile and everything, but with having gutted everything out, the fuel gauge was no more (you see where this is going I imagine). Since i ran the tank dry, I cant get the truck to idle anymore but feathering the throttle will keep it running. When just 10 minutes before it was roaring like a mountain lion (still needs exhaust) while the radiator treatment/flush was running though the system.

Does this sound like trash got sucked into the idle jets?? Is this a case for a rebuild or is there something else that can be done?? Like i said, there is zero wiring in this truck except for the ignition and it was running perfect before I ran the tank dry. I drained the gas out the bowl and put seafoam in it over night to see if by some divine intervention it would make something happen....but no

HELP ME!?!?!?!?!?!

What engine do you have? 22RE? Carbed 22R? Something GM?

FWIW... I accidentally ran my mower out of gas a few weeks ago, and when I filled it up and started, it ran like crap. Wouldn't cut any grass, it would just stall, but it was running fine before this. I pulled the carb off (Techumseh engine), cleaned it all out, blew out the jets, put it all back together. Runs perfect now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom