Anyone know what these are? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
My LJ71 arrived from Japan on Friday. It has these two pieces that appear to be added to the frame. I'm thinking they are for towing something or for being towed. Anyone have a clue. One is located along the passenger side (it is a RH drive), the other is behind the rear bumper. Thanks.
Jeff

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As said looks like some towing arms... Not factory .....

Good. They've been removed. They were the only pieces with even remote corrosion on them. They weren't attached to anything and didn't appear to be needed.

Do you think they were for towing the Land Cruiser or for towing something else. It has two pintles on the back.

And thank you.

Good. They've been removed. They were the only pieces with even remote corrosion on them. They weren't attached to anything and didn't appear to be needed.

Do you think they were for towing the Land Cruiser or for towing something else. It has two pintles on the back.

Im surprised a JDM import had something like that on it. Can be for either purpose. Ive heard of owners connecting these before they get stuck as it effectively turns 2 x 4wds into an 8wd and with good driving makes them almost unstoppable.
The clamp holding the bar to the chassis is one half of a scaffolding clip. I would keep an eye on rust around the welds or grind it off completely and re paint the area.

My LJ71 arrived from Japan on Friday. It has these two pieces that appear to be added to the frame. I'm thinking they are for towing something or for being towed. Anyone have a clue. One is located along the passenger side (it is a RH drive), the other is behind the rear bumper. Thanks.
Jeff

Congrats on the 70 Series. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Hello,

Congratulations on your new 70 Series. Clean up any rust spot and paint it.

Do JDM units' mud flaps have Land Cruiser painted white? Most, if not all the ones I have seen are not.

Juan

Hmmm...a 70 series close by---may have to make a road trip

Thanks everyone. Surprisingly there isn't any corrosion where the scaffolding clips are welded to the frame. I will be grinding them off anyway. Here are some full pics of it. I will be posting my rig in the 70 registry shortly as well. It's super clean on the outside. From what I gathered from the previous owner in Japan. It was towed behind an RV almost exclusively. They figure the motor has about 10,000km on it. The vehicle just clicked 75,000km after I got it. Undercarriage is spotless. Motor is spotless. The interior carpet is pretty filthy and has a few damage areas where they stored something on the front pass floor while it was being towed. The seats are perfect. Everything was just dirty. Like it hadn't ever been vacuumed out. And it's missing a rear seat headrest. No rock chips, one small little scratch that should buff out. The TURBO WAGON sticker shows some age and the emblems are a little faded but other than that it looks 3-5 years old. I can't complain at all for what I paid. :)

IMG_2811.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg

OMG!

What are you OMGing about Rosco?

hahahahaha someone had short legs... Or one...Reminds me when I was a kid.. Dad had to nail blocks either side of my pedals on my bike so I could reach.....

That is the very rare JDM clutch pedal shim. No longer available.

I'd save that. There is a service bulletin pertaining to using boiled linseed oil to treat it with.
I don't know the specifics since my Japanese is rusty.

That is the very rare JDM clutch pedal shim. No longer available.

I'd save that. There is a service bulletin pertaining to using boiled linseed oil to treat it with.
I don't know the specifics since my Japanese is rusty.

It's no longer available because the west coast environmentalist discovered that the wood was from a protected species of tree. The owner should lay low for a while.

I laughed when I saw it. Classic.

Hello,

Congratulations on your new 70 Series. Clean up any rust spot and paint it.

Do JDM units' mud flaps have Land Cruiser painted white? Most, if not all the ones I have seen are not.

Juan

There is no rust. None. The undercarriage looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Absolutely spotless. The mud flaps have white Land Cruiser on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom