Techstream Alternative (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Really interesting option on Amazon. This guy makes it sound like it has full techstream functionality.

Really interesting option on Amazon. This guy makes it sound like it has full techstream functionality.

Yeah, this is pretty cool. I’ve been waiting on someone to do something like this, but I need some more positive reviews. Of course on items like this it’s always a coin flip.

I don’t get all of these Amazon scan tools, they are all counterfeit yet these Youtubers are all over them. I used a real Launch tablet based tool about 8 years ago and worked great, but that one was purchased through a dealer and legit. I would love to buy this scan tool, especially if it can reset my ethanol percentage calculations, but really am shy to spend the money on a known counterfeit product that may or may not work.

Well it showed up today, looks like one would expect, good packaging, instructions etc. After updating it seems to work as advertised. I have not messed with it much other than checking my alcohol density setting and clearing a fault code. Also hooked it up on my friend's Subaru and global OBD2 worked fine. For me having an updated scan tool that will reset the flex fuel alcohol density makes it worth it for me. I was also able to reset the transmission fluid degradation values as I just changed my fluid.

1854C86E-AA3B-43BB-B1F8-EE64A4A7D6BB.jpeg
B98CFA4C-172F-42C0-854E-EBF8F23EA7ED.jpeg

Well it showed up today, looks like one would expect, good packaging, instructions etc. After updating it seems to work as advertised. I have not messed with it much other than checking my alcohol density setting and clearing a fault code. Also hooked it up on my friend's Subaru and global OBD2 worked fine. For me having an updated scan tool that will reset the flex fuel alcohol density makes it worth it for me. I was also able to reset the transmission fluid degradation values as I just changed my fluid.

View attachment 3587106View attachment 3587107
I ordered one and they returned my $. Said the outside packaging was damaged???
Sounds like a bunch of bull..,,

Weird, there were numerous sellers on Ebay. I used one named launch official or something along those lines.

So far so good. Processing speed is a little slow but that is nit picky. There are a few values in the data streams that are reading zero when they should be something. So far that is all I can fault it for and that might even be on me. I was even able to do a zero point calibration after installing my lift which was a huge plus. It has paid for itself in my eyes.

I ordered this handheld on Amazon the other day. Tried it out this past Saturday and it worked great. I've never used techstream but this seems like it has all the functionality. I was able to disable the auto-retract feature for the steering wheel for my 100 series that I've been wanting too for a while and you have to have tech stream to do.

1713232594633.png

I'm a Mac user so getting techstream up and going wasn't as simple as most make it seem. Plus the correct dongle connectors are getting harder to find and more and more expensive. This seems to be a perfectly acceptable and cost effective alternative.

Anyone know if you can program the windows using this? I’d like to turn the setting on where I can roll my windows down using the fob.

Anyone know if you can program the windows using this? I’d like to turn the setting on where I can roll my windows down using the fob.
If it's an option in the ECU, I'd bet so. But hey, Prime returns if it doesn't!

Following this thread with interest. My combination of laptop, cable, virtualbox, etc never seem to want to play nice with techstream. User error I’m sure. But I would take a $100 easy button at this point.

So far so good. Processing speed is a little slow but that is nit picky. There are a few values in the data streams that are reading zero when they should be something. So far that is all I can fault it for and that might even be on me. I was even able to do a zero point calibration after installing my lift which was a huge plus. It has paid for itself in my eyes.
Are you referring to speed on the zero calibration? Since you lifted were you able to adjust headlights with this?

Is this able to look at the AHC data and adjust the 0 point for the suspension height?

I am not sure on the ahc stuff, I have a Tundra and Sequoia. I have a switch on the dash for headlight adjustment as well. I will plug it in and check to see if I can find those options though. The zero point calibration resets the stability control after a suspension lift.

View attachment 3587106View attachment 3587107

Interesting. I don't see this on the Launch website, so a counterfeit or private label version. Looks like a copy of the Millennum X.

Do you know if this displays live data? Fuel trims and such?

What about Toyota specific things like read transmission temps, program TPMS sensors and key FOBs?

Last edited:
I am not sure on the ahc stuff, I have a Tundra and Sequoia. I have a switch on the dash for headlight adjustment as well. I will plug it in and check to see if I can find those options though. The zero point calibration resets the stability control after a suspension lift.
Sorry, by zero point I was thinking the normal ride height position for the suspension sensors. I was under the impression tech stream could allow you to adjust the normal ride height up 20mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom