For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Vehicle purchase price of 72,6. CPO'd, 59k miles, every dealer record 5k intervals since new. OTD 76,5. Expanding on my post from above now that deal is done done and it's home. I'm really happy with the deal. Found a nice full hood PPF once I got home.

IMG_4276.jpeg

IMG_4293.jpeg

I am reluctantly ready to move on. I really need a truck. I have looked around this tread and Auto Trader to get an idea on pricing, which seem to be a little disjointed, and I am having trouble finding anything comparable. I would appreciate any thoughts on pricing of the below. I was thinking $60k, but I am just not sure.

2018 - Metallic Gray over Terra. 85k miles. Texas vehicle. No mods other than tires and mats.

View attachment 3582391

View attachment 3582393

View attachment 3582399
$60K a reasonable starting point, I don’t think you could get more than that and would expect to have some downward negotiation. Nice truck but not one most people are looking for; could buy a brand new LC at that price and seems like most enthusiasts here are hunting for either lower mileage heritage edition, or higher mileage more value oriented to mod.

I’d expect trade in at dealer to be maybe $47.5-$52.5. Dealers used to be buying everything but you’re about 6-12 months too late.

It's an unreasonable expectation for anyone to 1) expect that a 10-year-old vehicle with roughly 100,000+ miles to not have maintenance issues and 2) expect that a vehicle will always be reliable when it is not used regularly and sits for extended periods of time.

Hopefully the scary numbers he paid for maintenance will scare people away from Land Cruiser ownership.

It's also somewhat comical to me that he was under the presumption that Land Cruisers don't require buckets of cash to maintain and operate once they are outside of warranty.
I don’t care what it is, if you park it outside off the northeastern coast year round and only drive it a couple months out of the year you are going to have a bad time. At the very least he could have found a garage to store it in while he was away. Mechanical hiccups aside take a look at how bad it’s rusted. Sheesh!

Vehicle purchase price of 72,6. CPO'd, 59k miles, every dealer record 5k intervals since new. OTD 76,5. Expanding on my post from above now that deal is done done and it's home. I'm really happy with the deal. Found a nice full hood PPF once I got home.

View attachment 3585658

View attachment 3585659
Looks great! Congrats on what sounds like a reasonable buy. There are still people out there asking absurd money for clean cruisers, especially HE’s.

Looks great! Congrats on what sounds like a reasonable buy. There are still people out there asking absurd money for clean cruisers, especially HE’s.

Thank you! I think that sums it up well. Reasonable when you account for that. I was pretty set on white on brown but just couldn’t deal with paying closer to sticker on a 3 year old vehicle with 20-30k miles. Just when I thought things were cooling down, that black HE on Bring a Trailer definitely spiced the market back up. I spoke with the nice guys at RMR a few times during my search and he seemed to say the same. They have a like 175 mile white on brown that I saw on auto trader before they bought it, that’s going to be priced closer to double sticker! Hendrick took 2k off for me, made it an easy deal, and it’s wayyy cleaner than I was expecting. Super happy with the outcome.

Happy to go look at anything in the dmv area for folks!

Thank you! I think that sums it up well. Reasonable when you account for that. I was pretty set on white on brown but just couldn’t deal with paying closer to sticker on a 3 year old vehicle with 20-30k miles. Just when I thought things were cooling down, that black HE on Bring a Trailer definitely spiced the market back up. I spoke with the nice guys at RMR a few times during my search and he seemed to say the same. They have a like 175 mile white on brown that I saw on auto trader before they bought it, that’s going to be priced closer to double sticker! Hendrick took 2k off for me, made it an easy deal, and it’s wayyy cleaner than I was expecting. Super happy with the outcome.

Happy to go look at anything in the dmv area for folks!
I gave RMR multiple opportunities to sell me a 200. I feel like they have the highest asking prices on average in the country on LC’s. I called about the latest silver HE to hit their lot about a month ago. 3k miles, they wouldn’t budge off $120k. BaT auctions are a convenient excuse until it comes time to trade in or sell your cruiser. For reference I have the same one as you, just in blizzard pearl with about half the mileage. Last month I was given trade in offers of about $75k.

I gave RMR multiple opportunities to sell me a 200. I feel like they have the highest asking prices on average in the country on LC’s. I called about the latest silver HE to hit their lot about a month ago. 3k miles, they wouldn’t budge off $120k. BaT auctions are a convenient excuse until it comes time to trade in or sell your cruiser. For reference I have the same one as you, just in blizzard pearl with about half the mileage. Last month I was given trade in offers of about $75k.

Agree on all of that. And that’s crazy low for a unit someone will turn around and list for close to sticker. I based mine on manheim MMR. My car price fell closer to wholesale then retail which I’m good with. Mine was the stores demo for the manager, then new car gm owned…so I’m guessing they didn’t have as much into it as your normal trade to turn around a jack the price up.

But yeah when you’re holding the cards easy to point to BaT. I appreciate how nice the guys at RMR were the entire time. If they had one that fit the bill I may have paid up. That silver one was for sale on here not long ago I don’t think either…..

Agree on all of that. And that’s crazy low for a unit someone will turn around and list for close to sticker. I based mine on manheim MMR. My car price fell closer to wholesale then retail which I’m good with. Mine was the stores demo for the manager, then new car gm owned…so I’m guessing they didn’t have as much into it as your normal trade to turn around a jack the price up.

But yeah when you’re holding the cards easy to point to BaT. I appreciate how nice the guys at RMR were the entire time. If they had one that fit the bill I may have paid up. That silver one was for sale on here not long ago I don’t think either…..
RMR’s pricing is high but they seem to have majority of the available 200s. I was talking to them about that same 3k mile silver HE. Was considering pulling the trigger until I saw the Ziebart (or Ziebart-like) undercoating. Was not going to deal with that.

3 OEM alternators in Doug's LC is unexpected. I leave my cars 1-2 months unattended at home and Hilux nearly 1-2 months unused (and 5-8 months not driven on a road) and no issues what so ever. All have the Factory OEM alternators. From my study, the quality is significantly dropping in newer vehicles. My friends 2018 taco got rear ended by a camry and made the hitch to come in contact and now he says the tail gate won't close as it used to be: There was a video of 100 and 200 doing a river crossing in Australia and the 200 alternator died.

3 OEM alternators in Doug's LC is unexpected. I leave my cars 1-2 months unattended at home and Hilux nearly 1-2 months unused (and 5-8 months not driven on a road) and no issues what so ever. All have the Factory OEM alternators. From my study, the quality is significantly dropping in newer vehicles. My friends 2018 taco got rear ended by a camry and made the hitch to come in contact and now he says the tail gate won't close as it used to be: There was a video of 100 and 200 doing a river crossing in Australia and the 200 alternator died.
Maybe due to the low positioning of the alternator on the Doug's 200 he'd been bathing it in seawater and then putting it away wet for 6-8 months..

Looking at the underhood photos in the listing now..and that seems to be exactly what's going on, in part. Paired with rust-belt life. He bought the kind of LC we suggest staying away from.

3zqLyo8B-Ht8Awdp7fm.jpg

Compare that now photo above to this from when he bought it. Look at the air box fasteners and heater T clamps, and the general amount of crud in the current state photos. Unfortunately we don't get undercarriage photos from before..
1710866592900.png

Current state undercarriage:

3zqLyo8B-IMw7Um1MKc.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe due to the low positioning of the alternator on the Doug's 200 he'd been bathing it in seawater and then putting it away wet for 6-8 months..

Looking at the underhood photos in the listing now..and that seems to be exactly what's going on, in part. Paired with rust-belt life. He bought the kind of LC we suggest staying away from.

3zqLyo8B-Ht8Awdp7fm.jpg

Compare that now photo above to this from when he bought it. Look at the air box fasteners and heater T clamps, and the general amount of crud in the current state photos. Unfortunately we don't get undercarriage photos from before..
View attachment 3586174

Current state undercarriage

Glad you did this. I will say, it may just be a masterclass in marketing (on his own truck, why not leverage the platform you own)...drumming up lots of conversation about it when the reality is what you just posted.

He ruined that poor thing. I don't care how much money you make, if you don't take care of your stuff you're not insulated from problems. Kinda crazy he doesn't have anyone maintaining his stuff when he's out of town/after he's used it. Rode hard, put away wet...you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm honestly more "shocked" this is how Doug takes care of a car, almost jealous, wish I didn't give a crap like that.

He also took it to one of Northern Virginia's largest volume dealer groups, no issue going the dealer route on some things...but agreed, throwing money at things that aren't issues yet at a place that I have never heard been referred to as cruiser experts was a mistake!

Hey there folks, I’m looking at a 2019 LC with 72k miles at Carmax listed for 58.9. It’s a single owner New York vehicle without a perfect service history but not bad overall. Surprisingly little rust underneath, really just a small bit of surface rust. It needs new tires but overalls seems to be in very good condition. I did notice this one part of the underside seems abnormally clean compared to the rest, almost new. I believe it is the transfer case or maybe the back of the transmission but of course there is nothing mentioned on the auto check. Thoughts? Is this normal? Everything else seems to be a lighter gray
BA0AEE33-B686-4456-B389-9385E690A681.jpeg

Just for reference, I help 2 friends with 200 purchases in the last 3 months. 1st was a 2021 1 owner trade in with 31,000 miles in Arkansas. $82,500 out the door. White with dark brown leather. Very clean truck still and still under warranty. 2nd was a 1 owner 2021 with 15,kkk miles out of Texas for $86,000. Also white and dark brown leather. Both of these owners will drive these truck for many years so what I felt was a slight premium for the miles was worth the price. Both trucks look new.

Looking at a 2015 LX570. They don’t want to budge off 34,250 plus their $995 dealer fee.

78K, no rust, interior basically flawless, everything works. Regularly dealer serviced through about 62K. Exterior condition very good overall, a few deeper scratches and a decent ding. Wheels are screwed, finish ruined by wrong chemical. $35K just seems a little high? Or would that be an alright deal? Wife wants it :).

Pricing on sub 100k mile MY 13-15 LX’s is a bit random. Cars.com has listings from $28k to $46k. $35k isn’t unreasonable if everything else checks out.

Looking at a 2015 LX570. They don’t want to budge off 34,250 plus their $995 dealer fee.

78K, no rust, interior basically flawless, everything works. Regularly dealer serviced through about 62K. Exterior condition very good overall, a few deeper scratches and a decent ding. Wheels are screwed, finish ruined by wrong chemical. $35K just seems a little high? Or would that be an alright deal? Wife wants it :).
Our opinions don't really matter given your last sentence...
It's an alright deal based on the info you provided, make sure to send pics after purchase!

Update. I’m now a 2x lx570 owner. Bought a 2017 lx with 70k miles. Black with tan interior, lux package, 3 rows with TV’s. Paid $52k. 1 owner southern truck with all service done by Lexus. Rear seats look to have never been sat in.

Here is the funny story. I’ve been looking and found this truck and watched it for a couple weeks. They took it in on trade in February. The day I show up at 9am, a guy shows up 15 minutes later to buy the same truck. He ends up buying the silver one. After they finish the detail another couple shows up and is all happy sitting in my new truck. They wanted to buy it as well. Legit, 3 people on the same day came to buy it.
Summary- I overpaid, but it was the color combo my wife wanted, and I was getting ass pounded on my ford expo with crap breaking. Ford Dealer wanted $2500 to replace the driver blend door. Lexus dealer gave an ok deal on trade. I held my nose and did the deal.

Last edited:
Update. I’m now a 2 lx570 owner. Bought a 2017 lx with 70k miles. Black with tan interior, lux package, 3 rows with TV’s. Paid $52k. 1 owner southern truck with all service done by Lexus. Rear seats look to have never been sat in.

Here is the funny story. I’ve been looking and found this truck and watched it for a couple weeks. They took it in on trade in February. The day I show up at 9am, a guy shows up 15 minutes later to buy the same truck. He ends up buying the silver one. After they finish the detail another couple shows up and is all happy sitting in my new truck. They wanted to buy it as well. Legit, 3 people on the same day came to buy it.
Summary- I overpaid, but it was the color combo my wife wanted, and I was getting ass pounded on my ford expo with crap braking. Ford Dealer wanted 2500 to replace the driver blend door. Lexus dealer gave an ok deal on trade. I held my nose and did the deal.

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom