Builds Whitey Forty - Tilda Bogue Service Station (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve never used one. The owner had this installed. I’m a big fan of a one wire setup but I usually use a 60 series alternator.

The Mean Green can put out up to 200 amps, useful if you have ham radios, a fridge, a manly winch, stereo, other accessories, etc.

I took a break from Whitey today. Actually thought this would only take 1/2 my day but it took me until 7:30 pm to get all this crap aligned.

F450 with FrontRunner rack with Alucab tent.

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_8727.jpeg

44387A10-DA04-43DB-9125-3EB864F85556.jpeg

@wngrog just ran across the job you’re doing. I am truly enjoying this remarkably thorough deep dive on this rebuild…. You mentioned you job was to get to to run right, steer and stop…congratulations , you are doing a remarkable rebuild

@wngrog just ran across the job you’re doing. I am truly enjoying this remarkably thorough deep dive on this rebuild…. You mentioned you job was to get to to run right, steer and stop…congratulations , you are doing a remarkable rebuild
Thank you sir. I’m looking forward to getting it running soon.

Adjusted the valves (they were way loose), added all the hoses and a new heater valve. Stabbed the DUI ignition.

Headed to grab some 20/50 Valvoline so I can drain this block while the Wizard starts to glue to exhaust back together this afternoon.

IMG_8742.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

Hey Nolen does the Wizard travel with fire or is he using your welder?

Those are very nice looking headers…

I saw this truck in town the other day towing a flatbed with a cruiser I think.. maybe he was taking something to Jason or picking up?

Also wow this is turning out fantastic

Yeah Jason aka @Ozark cruiser built him a sick tube buggy out of his old HDJ80.

IMG_7807.jpeg

Rotors came in. Thanks Cruiser Outfitters

Long body ASCO repop hubs via City Racer to replace the Warns
IMG_8747.jpeg

The Wizard is at work gluing the exhaust together with O2 sensor and Cat

IMG_8749.jpeg

Put the drag link in and did an alignment. 1/8” toe in is what I prefer on a 40.

IMG_8751.jpeg

I then spent the last hour making new brake lines where the old rusted ones twisted off.

Valley Hybrids backing plate removal “kit” with SS lines.

New OEM rubber lines

IMG_8754.jpeg

Got all of the 90 wt pumped in everywhere. Added the driveshafts back. Drained the oil.

Other than running the fuel pump and fuel lines I’m done under here.

Wizard had a little setback so he’s still dicking with the exhaust

IMG_8757.jpeg

The FedEx driver pulled up and started honking the horn because this was the heaviest box she had ever seen 😬

IMG_8756.jpeg

Got all of the 90 wt pumped in everywhere. Added the driveshafts back. Drained the oil.

Other than running the fuel pump and fuel lines I’m done under here.

Wizard had a little setback so he’s still dicking with the exhaust

View attachment 3577334

The FedEx driver pulled up and started honking the horn because this was the heaviest box she had ever seen 😬

View attachment 3577333
Love the white 40's. This owner will have a gem when you're done.

Is that blue TEQ FJ40 flag/poster that can be seen on the back wall through the door commercially available anywhere? Would love to frame one of those up for the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom