Pillar pod mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My pillar pod finally arrived, need to paint it white, but not bad for the money.

IMG_20190120_114313.jpg

IMG_20190120_114307.jpg

IMG_20190120_113826.jpg

IMG_20190120_113819.jpg

So you install it yet? Could you post some pics please? I’m looking at ordering it for my HDJ81
hey look at the timing, installed with one meter this weekend. Ill get pics when i get home. Havent wired the meter yet.

yea sorry, took a while. here is a pic on the way home yesterday from picking up the truck in GA after the turbo install

View attachment 2061389
Your EGT is in Celsius? The gauges look nice. I just received my dual pod painted in grey and will mount it after I swap the dash pad. Do you find the dual voltage gauge useful? I have one gauge that has egts, boost and tranny temp, and a second gauge is afrs.

Your EGT is in Celsius? The gauges look nice. I just received my dual pod painted in grey and will mount it after I swap the dash pad. Do you find the dual voltage gauge useful? I have one gauge that has egts, boost and tranny temp, and a second gauge is afrs.
Yes, i really like the redarcs, no imperial yet, im used to metric so i dont mind. It is/will be. I have a bcdc1225 i will be installing, oving the house battery behind my seat, would be good to keep an eye on it.

What turbo did you end up installing? Your egt probe is preturbo?
Post turbo, cruising at 65 i rarely see 400, boosting 10.5 through the gears, if i really push it i can see 550. air to water intercooler keeps things cool. Garret turbo by odd iron, custom tuned

I had alerted the Quitman cops that you were carrying contraband in your bread wagon but I didn't get the
call in quick enough. :)

Post turbo, cruising at 65 i rarely see 400, boosting 10.5 through the gears, if i really push it i can see 550. air to water intercooler keeps things cool. Garret turbo by odd iron, custom tuned
That’s nice but what does 1000f post turbo mean at preturbo? I thought the whole point of monitoring egts is to not melt your pistons. On my 1hd-t it’s 1250f preturbo that I don’t push past. I have a FMIC so even up hill at 20psi I only reach 1000f and it drops off very quickly when I take my foot off the throttle. I thought a tuning shop would understand that but maybe I’ve just been reading too much on mud.

But it says ’00-’09. Mine is a 1996

Hello,

It was just a sample of what is available.

Keep in mind that 70 Series trucks have not changed much from the windshield back over the years.

This particular vendor appears to have mounts for pre-2000 models as well. It is worth looking at. There are other vendors/manufacturers to check as well.

70/73/75 Series trucks with folding windshields have thicker pillars. It is worth looking for a mount specifically designed for a 75/78 Series Troopie or a 79 Series ute, as these do not have folding windscreens.

Juan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom