Beating a dead horse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe, I might be wrong, hydro boost needs hydraulic power from a power steering pump. I have just started to look into this so I am a little short on knowledge. Maybe someone else who knows more than I do can weigh in.

But I do know the results can be fantastic.

No time for search?

Gosh, what to do?

I got it....FAQ's! Laboriously prepared by Poser: Disk Brake conversion links

I guess it's too hard to find WHICH FAQ I want.

No time for search?

Gosh, what to do?

I got it....FAQ's! Laboriously prepared by Poser: Disk Brake conversion links

I guess it's too hard to find WHICH FAQ I want.
Thanks for that. It didn't come up on my search. I may have used the wrong criteria. Also, pretty new here so I don't have the navigation down yet but appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, snark and all.

Thanks for that. It didn't come up on my search. I may have used the wrong criteria. Also, pretty new here so I don't have the navigation down yet but appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, snark and all.
The FAQ's are a great resource. I am glad you pointed me in that direction. I wish I had the time to go through all of them right now. Thanks.

I installed the Man-A-Fre front and rear disc brake kits and their dual master brake cylinder on my 1970 FJ-40 (7/69). I too would love to have "power" brakes, but this setup works really well. I did have to change some of the brake line ends to match up with the new calipers, but it wasn't difficult.

I installed the Man-A-Fre front and rear disc brake kits and their dual master brake cylinder on my 1970 FJ-40 (7/69). I too would love to have "power" brakes, but this setup works really well. I did have to change some of the brake line ends to match up with the new calipers, but it wasn't difficult.
Thanks!! I was originally looking at that exact setup then got distracted with all the other options out there. I have to make a choice in a couple of days but that is still on the short list of possibilities. Plus, the guys I have talked to at MAF have been awesome. I appreciate the response...

Skip anything that uses GM parts imo, they leave you with an undesireable course-spline birf that isn't easily upgraded and you end up with custom brackets, brakes, etc rather than OE parts. We have core/donor axle here that would easily cover your needs along with a knuckle rebuild kit. Let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom