Award from CORVA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Just before I left for Virginia to attend the Coal Miner Cruiser Classic I received word that I had received a land use award from CORVA, the California Off Road Vehicle Association. CORVA is an organization that is 100 percent dedicated to preserving off road opportunities in California.

Prior to receiving the award, Ed Waldheim, a highly regarded and tireless off road advocate (past president of CORVA, former State OHV Commissioner, curent president of California Trail Users Coalition)) wrote me to say that in his opinion no one single person in California has done more in the last year to support recreational access. Pretty high praise.

The funny thing here is that I don't consider myself an off-road advocate. I have won equal amounts of respect from the environmental community because all of my challenges to new government proposals have been pragmatic, process-based challenges. As it has worked out, I have acheived objectives that would make the Center for BioDiversity envious. Of course even process-based challenges still have real-world consequences. Faced with a horizon of declining motorized access, challenges with the net effect of preserving the status quo against a constant influx of new proposals and regulations have become grounds for the OHV community to celebrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom