80 to 200 - Talk me out of this... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's in Australian currency, right?

A $50k Australian dollars (About $36k USD) loan at 6% interest paid over 36 months is about $1500 Australian per month (about $1100 USD)...so if that is 20% of your income...that means your income is about $7640 Australian per month (about $5500 USD per month).

Am I close?

If so...that's a pretty good wage for a 19 year old. ;)

Not bad, income is about 5k per month and (I should have added this before) I would put down a 10k deposit, whichever 40k financed

Not bad, income is about 5k per month and (I should have added this before) I would put down a 10k deposit, whichever 40k financed

That's a good portion of the "more info needed."
;)

Last edited:
Jumping over into 200 land, hey I like them too...if I was that age, making that salary, with my brain today, I would not incur any debt. Especially vehicular. I would enjoy the 80 for a few years while you save to be able to buy the 200 cash. You'd save a ton in interest and not have the debt hanging over your head. I've never been able to (or made myself for that matter) do this and it's something I regret. Still struggle with the want it now mentality. So as you requested in the thread title that is my attempt to talk you out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom