Name that winch.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a 1984 FJ60 about a month ago and it come with a winch. Unfortunately the winch is not working and I am taking it to a local shop to help me work on the motor. I took the winch off this weekend and can not find any manufacturer information on it anywhere. The clutch handle is broken and I would like to see if I could replace it. Any guess on who made this winch...

winch 1.JPG

winch 2.JPG

winch 3.JPG

winch 4.JPG

winch 5.JPG

That IS interesting! The case is a step like the top of a step stool?

Never seen the like and wonder if it could be a homemade by someone with very good sheet metal skills.

Is the clutch handle housing aluminum? If so it shouldn't be too hard to tig a new handle on, or if steel any welder process would be a quick fix.

Likely an older Ramsey winch (made in china, there are other similar winches produced under different names).

Remote should look like this.

Winch_Test%2024.jpg

Depending on how much your guy is gonna charge you to fix it, it'll likely be cheaper to just buy another Chinese winch.

So I took it to a electric motor shop to get the motor worked on and the magnets were all broken and he could not fix it. So probably going to pick up a Warn or Superwinch to replace it. Thank you for your responses.

Probably a lot of good parts for someone that has a winch like that...

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom