75 Steering Box Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
At the moment my 1999 HZJ75 Troopy has a pretty badly worn steering box. By 'worn' I mean that there is a lot of free play and it has got to the point where it is getting hard to drive. I have rebuild the box just recently and adjusted the screw/nut on top of the box which made no difference. I have an older power steering box out of a 1987 HJ75 Troopy that had a 2H in it and was wondering if they were basically the same thing or if one was better than the other. From a visual inspection the mounting pattern and pitarm is all the same, but the body shape and size of the box is a little different.
So the question is, will the older steering box work in my newer 75 series Troopy to the same ability as a newer unit?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

should fit ok, its only when they went to the coil sprung front end they changed to a forward facing pitman arm steering box

should fit ok, its only when they went to the coil sprung front end they changed to a forward facing pitman arm steering box
Not on the 70 series. The pitman arm faces rear to this day. On the 80's and 105's they face forward.

Thanks to the replies,
PATHnz, it is possible to get new internal parts for the box, but seeing as how I already have an older model steering box, I thought that I might be able to use that. I might just put the older one in and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom