2006 Third Row Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've done some searching and found a couple of threads on different forums about adding a 3rd row to the 4Runner, but they're mainly discussing 3rd Gens. I've got an '06, which (if I'm correct) is a 4th Gen.

We love our 4Runner, but with a 3rd kid it's getting too crowded. We'd rather not get rid of it so we were considering adding a 3rd row if it's possible.

My searching led me first to the following:

Toyota 4Runner 1990-2016 little passenger seat

This product seems to have some positive feedback, but it's a bit pricey for the bench seat at ~$1,000.

Found another option here which is running about $560...obviously a better financial deal:

39" 4Runner 3rd Row Seat

I'm curious if anyone here has bought anything/had any experience with either of these places in terms of quality, ease of installation, etc.

Any other thoughts on this kind of project would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I own a Little Passengers seat. I paid $60 for it on Craigslist. While I own a 1998 4Runner, the seat is mounted in my 1977 FJ-40.

I liked it for the 3 integrated seat belts. Other than that, I'd prefer a rear seat out of a Jeep Wrangler or one of the many minivan seats people have used. The comfort/quality of the LP seat is nowhere near $1000.

I have no idea what it takes to mount in a 4th gen. Drill the floor.? Gas tank? It could be a really heavy lift.

While I don't think an LP is worth $1000, it's more about how much you'll save over getting rid of your 4th gen and finding a truck with a 3rd row...base lining, debugging etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom