DIY smoke shed - need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to build a small outdoor shed to smoke meat. My dad had one when I was a kid, and he also made his own sausages. A quick search on the interweb really didn't reveal much wrt to the details of how to actually create and control the smoke. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I've never built one, but I would assume it's basically a giant offset smoker. Just build your building and seal it up well, install a flue to open and close to vent the building, and build an external box with a steel pipe connected to the building. I wouldn't over think it.

A lot of folks also make them out of old freezers.

Yes. Just set a wood stove next to the building and vent the smoke into the building. My friend has one on his property that is build this way maybe 85 years ago. You want some way for the smoke to escape slowly. On my buddies, it is just constructed so "loosely" the smoke seeps out under the eves and around the door.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg A lot of people use old corrugated roofing with cement or brick floor and build the fire below the meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom