Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't go 'home'... I had left home when I was 13 and, after a number of jobs, I graduated from high school, with my class in 1967. I worked a couple of jobs in Riverside and imperial, California, before joining the Air Force when I was 19, in May, 1968.

My first PCS was Wheelus AB Libya, arriving just before Christmas, 1968. Fifteen months later, I rotated to NORAD, Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado. I departed Wheelus on March 17, 1970 and arrived in Vegas on March 18th, 1970.

I flew in uniform, but was coming from the opposite direction. So, while I expected to be hassled, I wasn't.

Dianna and I were married on March 21st, 1970 and living ín Colorado Springs a couple of weeks later...

It was MUCH colder in Colorado Springs than it had been in Tripoli and Vegas!!

Sorry guys late to the party.... happy veterans day.. thank you for your service

David1947.. your story brought a tear to my eye.. I came home to the welcome you guys should have had.. I was in the Gulf 1990, I refused to walk in any parade when I came home, kind in my own protest of how other vets were treated back in the day.. My time in the sandbox was a walk in park compared to others. With all do respect I'm tired of this country giving to those who do nothing and giving nothing to those who give all.. I need nothing but I know there a many who do.. must need medical or mental help.... but yet they have to wait on a list to go to the VA hospital. .. please tell me why every hospital doesn't accommodate Vet ... anyway I think I started to rant sorry..

Again thank you all for your service

Andy

Welcome Frank.

Hi Frank. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Hi Frank. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Frank and thanks for your service ..you have joined a great place with a wealth of knowledge

Andy

Drew Schumann, signed up for USMC PLC in 1982; kicked out in 1983 for broken back and TBI and leg trauma. Enlisted in Army National Guard in 1983, joined Army ROTC, commissioned Armor 1987, Active Duty from 1987-1991, National Guard until 1999, Army Reserves until June 2015.

Deployed for OIF/OEF I, initial invasion of Iraq. Deployed as a contractor from 2006-2008 and then 2009-2012. Currently working as a trainer in Germany as a contractor.

Welcome to the highway Drew. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

It's official...

IMG_0001.JPG

I'm guessing you are now retired? Congratulations. This is starts the rest of your life. All the best to you.

Larry in El Paso

Congratulations Jon!! Now, you're gonna have to learn to speak civilian :cool:

I'm working on it. Haha.

I'm guessing you are now retired? Congratulations. This is starts the rest of your life. All the best to you.

Larry in El Paso

Thanks. Now to find a "real" job.

-Jon

Cool! I don't have a case for my medals, I do have the flag in the triangle though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom