The Maze adventure story and video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I enjoyed both story and video. That's country I have been blessed to enjoy 2 or 3 times. Wanted to do the Poison Spring Canyon road and after your report, think I'll be doing it next time. 2004 my sons & I camped at Teapot Rock on our way to the Doll House in my '94. Came in through Hans Flat, down the Flint Trail and out to Hite afterwards. I was sorry to hear of your electrical issues. Have read that area of wiring can be troublesome here on MUD. Wise of you to be traveling with a couple more rigs. Several situations it paid off, not mention the possibilities that can happen & being that far out. Wow that you had 4G service in that spot! I'd have spent some time in prayer after that! Not a game stopper, but it would have stunk to have to leave the rig and have to ride in another rig out to get "tech support". And then go back out to get it hoping you had the fix. Thanks for posting! Hope to see that country again, soon! :cheers:

I enjoyed both story and video. That's country I have been blessed to enjoy 2 or 3 times. Wanted to do the Poison Spring Canyon road and after your report, think I'll be doing it next time. 2004 my sons & I camped at Teapot Rock on our way to the Doll House in my '94. Came in through Hans Flat, down the Flint Trail and out to Hite afterwards. I was sorry to hear of your electrical issues. Have read that area of wiring can be troublesome here on MUD. Wise of you to be traveling with a couple more rigs. Several situations it paid off, not mention the possibilities that can happen & being that far out. Wow that you had 4G service in that spot! I'd have spent some time in prayer after that! Not a game stopper, but it would have stunk to have to leave the rig and have to ride in another rig out to get "tech support". And then go back out to get it hoping you had the fix. Thanks for posting! Hope to see that country again, soon! :cheers:

Thanks, yeah the 4g was pretty amazing. It was a bummer to have it turn out that way but my kludge is still in there working its charms so we must have actually fixed it. Gave me a huge confidence boost to be able to trail repair something like that.

Great video. You need to try it in Summer (not the dead of Summer). There is a hiking trail from the Doll House and Granary down to Spainish Bottom and the Colorado.

Is the "car" trailer still on the Poison Canyon route? That trail looks WAY harder than when I was thru 20 years ago.

Is the gas station excavated into the cliff still open in Hanksville?

We weren't sure about crossing the Dirty Devil, so we drew straws and we took an "obituary" picture before he tried it.

Good stuff

Great video. You need to try it in Summer (not the dead of Summer). There is a hiking trail from the Doll House and Granary down to Spainish Bottom and the Colorado.

Is the "car" trailer still on the Poison Canyon route? That trail looks WAY harder than when I was thru 20 years ago.

Is the gas station excavated into the cliff still open in Hanksville?

We weren't sure about crossing the Dirty Devil, so we drew straws and we took an "obituary" picture before he tried it.

Good stuff

We hiked Spanish bottom via headlamp, brutal hike. the trail is in poison spring canyon, it was in bad shape because of rain. The gas station is still there but it wasn't open when we were there.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed that part, I skied the video due to data-challenged connection. We did the hike in July, over 105 degrees. Rafting party was surprised to see us..... I would take that over doing it at night with a head lamp for sure.

I am meaning to go the Henry's damn soon in Summer.

To be honest, I was going off what you told me friend when he asked so I guess its not fair to say that this is a hard and fast rule, but a general guideline.

No worries, 170 is likely on the fringe of where I would recommend someone try but CFS isn't always the sole indicator particularly on that crossing where nasty cut-banks can develop. Who is your friend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom