DuraTracs....What have your experiences been with them. Mine...MEH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been through a couple sets on my old 80 and now have a set on my Montero, never any sidewall issues but I always go for the load range E models. I will say my mpg's were better with the Cooper ST/Maxx though. My next set of tires will be KO2's.....

Just got my Duratrac's last month from 4wo|shop for off road tires. I like the grip of this hybrid at/mt tire. Quiet on pavement and traction off the road is good so far, though I can feel that the sidewalls are a bit soft.

I've run two sets on my UZJ100

Pros:
wear very well
Relatively low road noise

Cons:
mediocre on snow
Pack with mud fast and don't shed >15psi
<15PSI sidewalls very vulnerable to tearing

They are really an AT tire, not MT

I run FS winter force 4 months a year in New England and will be running KM2 when the current DT set wear out.

I ran a set on my Tacoma, loved them. 285s. Wheeled the piss out of them across several states, never had any issues.

Cut a BFG sidewall shortly after I got rid of them. Then I cut two firestone mt sidewalls and shoved, literally, a thorn though another. Then I sold the truck.

Now I run 40" trail grapplers and love those too but I wouldn't hesitate to run duratracs on another truck.

I bought mine many years ago when they were affordable (about $200/ea mounted and balanced plus wty for 315s) and for that price I was extremely pleased. Now that they're almost twice as much I'll look for something else

I bought a set of duratracs for my tj rubicon and have been very happy with them so far.Ive owned quite a few sets of offroad tires in my life.The duratracs are quiet on pavement and seem to handle well in all weather conditions.I went up the mountain a few days ago to play in the snow and drove circles around my buddy who has the exact same jeep with the new style goodyear mtrs.I have read some complaints about sidewall strength but i blame the driver for the most part for buying the wrong tires.Seems a lot of people that are complaining should have bought a more offroad specific tire.I bought mine for all round performance specifically wet/snow highway driving.

I had a set on my old 2007 Taco. I could never get a set that was completely round. Always had wobbles on the highway that would shake the steering wheel no matter how many attempts to balance them. They did admittedly last a long time, but they got LOUD at the end (gave up at about 50% tread life remaining). A replacement set of BFG All Terrains solved all my problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom