My paint booth Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since my truck is in pieces and it would be rather hard to transport it by myself I decided to build paint booth at the house. I dont have a fully enclosed garage, but what i do have is a very dusty farm road adjacent to my carport

I've chosen to use PVC piping and two mill plastic. The build will also consist of:
roughly 20 T fittings
10 90° elbows
4 4' fluorescent shop lamps
20 10 foot 1 1/2 pvc
5-6 20x20 filters
A few lasko box and squirrel cage fans( rated at 334 cfm each)

Dimensions are 8x18x10. Here is todays progress... Fully framed out. as you can see by the cross bracing at the top, i will run a series of filters in this channel for the negative air system. I will run a series of fans at the bottom of the back of this space. I have not decided on a door.

I am open to any suggestions or modifications to the air system. This design is base upon everything I have seen and read on the web.
image-3191762532.jpg
image-1428570081.jpg
image-920454631.jpg

Last edited:
Looking sweet! I am going to do something very similar with a 10x20 tent. I will be watching your negative air solution for ideas.

Can't wait to see the end product of all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Looking sweet! I am going to do something very similar with a 10x20 tent. I will be watching your negative air solution for ideas.

Can't wait to see the end product of all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I am using the framework from a 12x20 screenhouse. The 12' width doesn't leave me much room on each side to shoot the tub. 10' width seems like it would be too narrow to me.

What would you approximate your booth's width to be?

I see the box filters up high for the air intake, was that specifically designed to bring in warmer air?

I'm planning something similar, except I was going to use a box fan to provide negative pressure w/ filters attached to that, and then create a filter "window" like yours for the intake.

Have you had any issues with dust or ventilation? Did you feel the need to do anything except vacuum the floor?

I recommend an entire row of box fans. Probably 4. I put the vents high to draw down and to the side with my fans all at the opposite end at floor level.

I did vaccumm the floor with a shop vac located outside the booth. It was tedius but helped. when I painted all of my doors, hardtop, windshield and hood, I got a fair amount of overspray dust. I would give it time to clear up between coats. With the fans going it clears out pretty quickly.

When I painted just the tub, It was not nearly as much of a problem because the tub paints much more quickly with less overspray compared to the individual items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom