35 in Mickey Thompson MTZ's installed on the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well we finally found the time last night so we got the tire install done. :grinpimp:

No tire thread is complete without some stock and progressive pics so here we go.

The day Stefan brought her home. Dayum those Blinging chrome wheels were bad ass:
stock.jpg

The day I bought her from Stefan (Not much changed from then till 2 weeks ago):
80-1.jpg

MTZ's loaded up and ready:
mtz-1.jpg

On the lift and ready to go:
IMG00153-20111020-1935.jpg

IMG00154-20111020-1935.jpg

Old rubber is off and the MTZ's are taking shape:
IMG00155-20111020-1952.jpg

IMG00156-20111020-2004.jpg

IMG00157-20111020-2004.jpg

Off the lift:
IMG00158-20111020-2012.jpg

IMG00159-20111020-2013.jpg

Final product. Since a thread it worthless without pics, I tried to include plenty.
SANY0134.jpg

SANY0133.jpg

SANY0127.jpg

SANY0135.jpg

Clearance looks pretty good so far. I do think I am going to install a set of Metal tech 1.5 in coil spacers up front to level it out and make sure there are no clearance issues.
SANY0129.jpg

SANY0128.jpg

No flexing or poser shots as this was just done last night. Gonna need a run to URE soon. :flipoff2:

Enjoy :beer:

Last edited:
Initial impressions are pretty good. I am really surprised at the road noise. I expected a roar but it is actually rather quiet. You can tell there is not as much rubber on the ground compared to the KO's but not much change. Haven't really noticed much different in the power of the truck either. She's still slow. lol. All in all I am impressed so far. I'll update the thread after a run to URE and see how they do.

Looks awesome!!!:cheers:

Thanks guys....and thanks to Cruisin Carolina and a bad ass raffle

Looks good Eric you will like the change on the trails.

Looks good Eric, I remember the day I brought that 80 home, Jason and I had that chrome and those white running boards off before the ink was dry on the title.

Looking good Eric!!

Those will never fit :D

Id buy J's and L's before spacers. Either way youll need to address castor likely.
I know budget talks but theres a couple sets of J's used on the forum.
or the slee 4'' that were on RDU craigslist for a while.

Those will never fit :D

Id buy J's and L's before spacers. Either way youll need to address castor likely.
I know budget talks but theres a couple sets of J's used on the forum.
or the slee 4'' that were on RDU craigslist for a while.

Thanks so much for all the kind words guys. I flat out love it.

J, you're killing me. lol. but right. we need to do lunch next week and discuss. Let me know if you're in town and we'll get together.

Eric, they look great and you will love them on the trail. Good self cleaning and great on the rocks. Not sure about wear....I have had mine for almost 3 years and only put a little over 1,200 miles on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom