Box Canyon today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last minute run to Box Canyon with some FJ's...

Meeting at the Shell in Gold Canyon this morning for a 10am departure.

Should be a nice day...

CB16
HAM 146.46

Looks like it might've been wet out there today?

It was a little wet...had a great time.

Sorry for the last minute notice.

You know the deal on MUD, buddy, pix or it didn't happen!! :doh:

great pics , thanks for the link!

We tried, but the gate was closed and locked. No trespassing signs all over the place. I was following my old track from last year...

Re-routed north and exited onto US60.

We tried, but the gate was closed and locked. No trespassing signs all over the place. I was following my old track from last year...

Re-routed north and exited onto US60.

Zuk showed me a bypass LMK if you want it

The Len Ranch was sold over a year ago. The new owner read the fine print and realized he could legally close the road on his property, even though it had been open for many years due to the generosity of the Len family. They put up with a lot of trash and a scarey amount of vandalism over the years. I chatted with the Lens many times over the years while I was out there doing volunteer work for the BLM.

Go to this map site: http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/az/pdfs/travel_mgmt/tfo.Par.10519.File.dat/T03S_R11E.pdf and in the upper left corner you can see a while area labeled Ranch H. Q. The original trail is closed on both sides of that private property. The bypass to the south labeled NW2077 is about 2 miles long and comes out at the beginning of Lower Ajax trail. You can backtrack towards the ranch to access Upper and Middle Woodpecker, as well as the Mineral Mountain Road that goes north back to the U S 60 hi way.

Last winter the OHVA volunteers had talked Francisco Mendoza from the Tuscon BLM office to give us info/courtesy signs to post on each end of the trail, but I think that project died when Al Manzose, the Field Tech, retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom