Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everybody!

Nice forum, thanks for letting me in!

Just wanted to share a pic of my 87 LJ73 with you. 2"OME, 2" bodylift, 35s and some minor changes/adjustings here and there. 427 000km still going strong! Pretty mutch rust free and never welded frame, the body has scars and scratches but no rust holes. Fixing things to improve/make it better. No winter driving due to salt so this thing is gonna last forever!
001.jpg

Never saw those decals before but MAN IS THAT SWEET!!!

Reactions: saw
Are those roof bars OEM? Is the FRP top reinforced to support the bars/load up there?

Sweet 73!

Are those roof bars OEM? Is the FRP top reinforced to support the bars/load up there?

Sweet 73!

Thanks!
@fireball: All LJ73 with turbo came with these decals over here. I didn`t fancy them for a long time but now I kind of do. Maybe it`s the age, both me and the decals, we had to grow older so I could learn to appreciate them?

The roof bars are not OEM 73 but OEM Toyota KZJ95 Prado, and the top ain`t reinforced. I placed them as long back and to the side as possible to benefit from the vertical strength, and they absolutely seem strong enough so far. Not quite as cool as a real roof rack but makes the car more practical than without, and I like the discrete looks.
002.jpg

They look great. Did you just drill through and bolt up? Metal plates on inside?

I also zeroed in on the roof rack. Would that rack support a basket style rack on top?

@jfrench: Correct, except the plate. Used big washers instead, put it all inside the roof carpet (sounds like bad English to me, but maybe you understand what I mean, roof lining, better?) to make it "invisible" from the inside. But I can see small "bumps" where the bolt and washers are so I`m considering changing to a metal plate, fully visible. Thinking of aluminum because I`ve used that on all the interior plates. So maybe in the future there will be aluminum (practical) decor in the roof?

@jblueridge: Think so, it seems much stronger than I hoped for when I did it. , but it`s only been on there for a few weeks so I`m far from done testing the limitations!

(Just a pic of the aluminum decor on the cup-holder, because postings are better with pics :))

001.jpg
002.jpg

:clap:

I believe they are reproductions that he can get....

Yup, repro's are available. :D Steve @ LCD installed these ones before it shipped to us.

Yup, repro's are available. :D Steve @ LCD installed these ones before it shipped to us.
I need one that says "V8 Turbo Diesel" so I can intimidate the Jeep guys while we sit at the traffic light. :)

Reactions: saw
Saw,
You have cup holders too!?!

Saw,
You have cup holders too!?!

Yeah, but it doesn`t come from Toyota, unfortunately. But it does the job of holding cups!
Maybe I should start a small tread showing previous and future upgrades?
Anyway, adding another photo from today taken near our family cabin.

@cruiseroutfit: Nice BJ(?)70, very clean, just the way I like it!

100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom