Insect netting for windows/rear hatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ISBDNFARI (I Searched But...)

Anyone using mosquite nets in rear sliding windows/hatch when warm-weather camping? These would obviously have to be fabricated but doable.

Here's an example for a VW Eurovan.

GVW-255-412.jpg

253-847-749.jpg

Did you make them? Or find them pre-fab'd?

Did you make them? Or find them pre-fab'd?

OK, I made a mistake, it was actually for the 2nd-row windows.
If you haven't seen it, there's a thread about them in/on my sig. line.

I've been meaning to get the ones for the sliding(3rd-row) windows, but have not found anyone locally who would lend me his truck to get the measurements done, yet (Mine are non-sliding).

I've gotten to know some local 80 owners lately, so I think my chances are good that I'll get them made in the near future, I hope. ;)

I do a backwoods version.
Just get some bulk nylon screen , cut to size get a bunch of small but powerfull magnets and there you go, stick it on any window and some doors

Thats my okie version.

ken

camouflage mosquito netting for windows and overhead storage

I took some camouflage mosquito netting, cut it to size to cover the back side panel windows ( I have a 97) with about a 4 inch overlap, same with a big piece to cover the back opening. Then, find the dime size magnets and sew them every 6-9 inches or so on the netting ( you'll fold the netting over to create a, well, fold ) and sew them inside. You now have instant screen windows to keep the bugs out and you can sleep or hang out inside with the windows or back hatch open. Easy to pop on and off and very effective.

I tell you, I travelled around the country for 4 months and it was fantastic and super easy to do. The same could be done for the sunroof or 1st or 2nd row seats.

Also, cut a large square of netting to go from the 2nd row hand grabs to the 3rd row hand grabs along the ceiling inside. Take two bungee cords and run them diagonally and secure the netting on all four corners to the ends of the bungees. Attahc the bungees to the hand grabs. If you sized it right the netting will be taut, the bungees will be stretched tight and you'll have a large see through, flexible, highly effective overhead shelf to place things and two cords to hang stuff from. I used this more than the screen windows. I got the idea from tents that have the mesh overhang for storage.

I recommend everyone do it. Easy to put up and easy to remove, as it may inhibit head space in the 2nd row seats for taller passengers.

Hope it helps.

Todd

glad I saw this before I tried my version. I was going to install velcro to the inside of the window and to the netting. Now I can take the velcro back to the store.
I took some magnets from my son's magnet collection. Works great!!

I also did it with window screening, next time i would use no-seeum netting. And use magnetic tape to hold inplace all the way around. I had them cut for both the rear door windows, and rear sliders. And to store the magnetic strip i would use the inside of the rear hatch by the window. You would never know they are there. Less then $25 and you are good to go. You might want to get a small fan for the nights when the air isnt moving.

I just got a piece of Lexan and cut it to the shape of my rear passenger windows then cut out the inside of it and taped a screen to it. stays in place because it's a little bigger than the window opening so I just bend it a little and slip it into the window channel then I just roll the window up to make it fit tight. I used Lexan that was the same thickness as my windows.

Works really well lexan is pretty much unbreakable and it's easy to store under the bed.

The magnets where always falling off for me.

this thread is worthless without pix !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom