Box Cyn w/ others Sunday 02/10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't taken my rig out since I got the motorwork done. Plus I can ignore the honeydo list this weekend because she's going away for the weekend!!!! Anyway some folks from the East Valley will be running Box Canyon this Sunday. I haven't been there and missed the last trip out to Florence Junction back in Dec... So this is a great chance for me. Anyway, just wanted to see if there might be any interest from CSC folks.. An easy run I'm assuming... Not ready to push the truck just yet...

East Valley 4 Wheelers on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/496043617100667/503107786394250/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

Thread started on AZFJ
http://azfj.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7511

Howdy! I will be out there at Cottonwood Canyon that day. I will be leading a BLM trail run of about 20 4x4s and quads. We are doing an orientation tour for the ownership and management of a large OHV dealer. Besides BLM personnel, we will also have Arizona Fish n Game and Arizona State Parks folks along. We should be in the upper end of Box Canyon, and we plan on having lunch at the stage stop. John

I would be interested in going. You mentioned its not CSC people hosting. Do they mind if others join?

I would be interested in going. You mentioned its not CSC people hosting. Do they mind if others join?
Most groups are cool with guests, but I would check out those links to see what they say. Should be a good day with no dust. Be aware that the Renaissance Fair opens at 10 am every Sat and Sun for Feb and March. So traffic will be heavy and slow east of A. J. on the US 60. John

Yeah, I looked at the links, it had minimal info. With the Renaissance Fair opening at 10am would traffic be an issue if they are meeting at 8am? I wouldn't think so.

Yeah, I looked at the links, it had minimal info. With the Renaissance Fair opening at 10am would traffic be an issue if they are meeting at 8am? I wouldn't think so.
You would miss most of the traffic that early. There are hundreds of vendors and staff that have to be on scene by 9, but that is pretty spread out. Thousands of customers show up between 9 and 11. You may want to try mapping it out by going south on the I 10 and cutting over to Florence.

Sorry my man. I didn't see too many interested by Friday evening so didn't even check yesterday to see if there were any takers.... we got out to Florence Junction and to the air down spot and found a group of Jeeps, and FJs, I was the only 80. What I thought was going to be just an easy day on Box Canyon turned into the rest of the group wanting to run Woodpecker Trail (?) Nothing too difficult and I tail gunned the group and just watched everyone else's lines and just took what I thought was the best.. I did really good considering I was running skinny 33's on the rocks aired down to about 23psi. I saw Inkpot's 80 on the way in, with a large group of SxS's... Anyway the truck did good, new motor ran extremely well, the weather was gorgeous and it was a fun filled day.. Got a lot of pics of the other rigs... not too many of mine.

Anyway I was doing good until the rock gremlins jumped out and kicked me in my cats! Damnit.. It dinged up one of them and now I got a good exhaust leak that sounds to be up around intake manifold.. I think I may have pulled the exhaust back separated something... hopefully it'll be an easy fix...

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

Always good to get out even if with Jeeps :D

Glad you had a good time and the truck did well!

Sorry my man. I didn't see too many interested by Friday evening so didn't even check yesterday to see if there were any takers....

No worries at all! I wasn't planning on doing anything until I had my little cousin over my house Saturday and she asked if we can go out wheeling on Sunday. So it was last minute planning and we decided on the shorter trip with ChaseTruck & DSRTRDR. Looks like you guys still had a good time... except for your poor cats... :doh:

Looks like you guys still had a good time... except for your poor cats... :doh:

Yea, I need protection or a cup for the low hanging cats!

I really need to get sliders with rock & theft protection.

Run a mangaflow. They are super small and can be tucked up pretty high. And they don't throw codes. Way cheaper than sliders. I should be there Friday if you want to check my setup.

True... But I'm losing my doors soon anyway. And you can still put sliders on, there's just not a crazy low hanging ground clearance killer there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom