Superior area (2800') Run (was Run today) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I was you... but work is good. Right?

I wish I was you... but work is good. Right?

You could of easily made it, I didnt leave until 1Pm. I cover a lot of terrain solo or with one vehicle in a short amount of time. Let me know when you want to go back there is lots more to see with a nice camp spot.
170 total miles
40 dirt

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

LandCruiserPhil said:
You could of easily made it, I didnt leave until 1Pm. I cover a lot of terrain solo or with one vehicle in a short amount of time. Let me know when you want to go back there is lots more to see with a nice camp spot.
170 total miles
40 dirt

Where'd ya go? I didn't see the post until about 2:00...

Where'd ya go? I didn't see the post until about 2:00...

My 2013 winter expo area:D...Superior area (2800') a maze of roads into and to some cool canyon.
Last picture camping from 2 weeks ago testing my heated mattress.
thumb.gif
The next morning I pulled some resources from some new blood. A guy named Zuk showed me some cool trails just west of Superior.

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

I dig that area. Especially on we low overcast days. The rock formations take on the coolest colors.

I was looking for a place to camp close to the house with the kids during Xmas vacation. I will have to get the directions from you.

I was looking for a place to camp close to the house with the kids during Xmas vacation. I will have to get the directions from you.

This area is only off the road about 2 miles and with in 15 minutes of your house. Your kids would love it.

IMG_4805.jpg

The apache tears mine is also right there, a kid magnet.

The road is now blocked you need to hike to get to it. Unless you are a side by side or ATV chump then you can go around the gate with the rocks as big as a Land Cruiser in front of it to TRY to keep motorized vehicles out.

The road is now blocked you need to hike to get to it. Unless you are a side by side or ATV chump then you can go around the gate with the rocks as big as a Land Cruiser in front of it to TRY to keep motorized vehicles out.

That is the old road, the mine is now a perlite operation, off limits. There is an area just outside of the mine property where they can be found, dug up.

That is the old road, the mine is now a perlite operation, off limits. There is an area just outside of the mine property where they can be found, dug up.

My guess is we are not talking about the same area.

Kevin

Are you talking about the perlite mine on the old highway to Queen Valley? That was a great shooting spot. Pinal County SO now kicks you out if you go and shoot there. That huge subdivision a few miles away complains about the shooting noise.

I love that area by queen valley and superior, some really nice trails out there, did a lot of cook outs/hiking/shooting in that area 20 yrs ago.

Phil,

How did the heated mattress work out?

There are several perlite or gravel operations in this area. The old mine where you could pay, gave you a pick hammer and a bucket to dig, collect Apache Tears, was turned into a perlite operation. It's no longer active, but Perlite RD and the mine site are still blocked off. It can be accessed from the south, off of FR4/Telegraph, there are several accessible deposits and the tears are common in the washes.

This area, the blocked road is about here: http://maps.google.com/maps?sugexp=...a=X&ei=tZDOUMX5N8nWiwKctoDoDw&ved=0CDIQ8gEwAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom