Pre-run complete - Now who's in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
lexycrzy, bro, girlfriend and I pre ran 80 miles of coast line from ElGolfo to Rocky Point, Mexico:cool:

Looking to do an over-niter on the beach within the next month, any interest?

Current passport and good attitude required:beer:

elgofo1.JPG

crap - passport is expired! Need to renew...

Me and my wife are free weekend of 10-11 November

This sounds like an Amazing trip!
Both me and my wife are free the weekend of 10 and 11, I finish work at 4PM, and would be interested in heading out of town Friday night, Camping out in RP Friday night to make a full weekend in Mexico?? :popcorn:
We are leaving today for Toronto,,,. So wish us luck with the storm! :doh: :steer: :princess: :cheers:

EDIT ----> I have recruited another friend to come along.. Hope you don't mind he suffers from the Jeep thing and wants to bring it along... :rolleyes: Oh well we'll have something to pull out of the sand! :hmm::idea: He's been hesitant to come wheeling with me ever since I told him I got my winch as a gift to him! :D

Last edited:
Passport and attitude in hand ;) Contingent upon date

Would this be a kid friendly weekend? And it's all about the date for me... and I only have three seats in my cruiser right now, the middle row.

As with most of my trips family/animal friendly but do fully understand the accommodations (pictured) and the remote location. Chances are we will be 20 miles of beach travel (tide permitting) from the nearest anything and then there is not much.

ElGolfo3.JPG

Oh heck yes I'm interested. 2 Dogs and girlfriend. Need to check the schedule. What's the miles between fuel situation?

BTW... I'm the guy who stopped by and said hey on your Sheep's crossing run.

Intrested......depends on the weekend.

Tentatively looking at the weekend of Nov 9. Need to check the tide charts to make sure we can get down the beach on Saturday and get off on Sunday.:doh:

Plan is meet at Organ Pipe National Park group camp site(just a couple miles north of the border) on Friday night.
Cross the border early Saturday(8am) and straight to the beach ~2hours
Exit around 3pm Sunday
Travel speed will be 66.6mph and its flat all the way:cool:

You will need to bring 100% of everything you need. Once we cross the US border will only stop ONCE just north of Rocky Point to fuel up, use the bathroom, and get what ever you forgot :hillbilly: The gas station has a Circle K and they take US dollars. You will also need passport for your kids and papers for your dogs and lastly insurance for your vehicle. I will provide a link you can get Mexican insurance on line prior.

Because of the place of travel and the possible size of the group traveling and time frame we will need to stick to a tight schedule. Travel time home will be around 5.5 hours or almost 300 miles.

Thoughts

Cute. (Rhetorical Question) - Why is the Passport office in Tucson instead of Phenix, which is a much larger population center?

I'm out for the 9th. I work that whole weekend. And the passport office is in Tucson because of all the people who want to go south across the border to have a better life.

Tentatively looking at the weekend of Nov 9. Need to check the tide charts to make sure we can get down the beach on Saturday and get off on Sunday.:doh:

Plan is meet at Organ Pipe National Park group camp site(just a couple miles north of the border) on Friday night.
Cross the border early Saturday(8am) and straight to the beach ~2hours
Exit around 3pm Sunday
Travel speed will be 66.6mph and its flat all the way:cool:

You will also need passport and insurance for your vehicle.
Because of the place of travel and the possible size of the group traveling and time frame we will need to stick to a tight schedule. Travel time home will be around 5.5 hours or almost 300 miles.

Thoughts

I've never gone to Mexico with an agenda, much less a "tight schedule", beyond getting back to the border when the insurance expires:hmm:. Kinda seems to defeat the purpose, to me:meh:. But then, I've never gone down there to race:steer:, either...

I've never gone to Mexico with an agenda, much less a "tight schedule", beyond getting back to the border when the insurance expires:hmm:. Kinda seems to defeat the purpose, to me:meh:. But then, I've never gone down there to race:steer:, either...

Get there too late cant get on the beach.:frown:Leave from the camp too late cant get off the beach.:eek: We are the mercy of the tide unless you dont care when we get there or when we come home. PM me if thats the case and we can leave in 8-10 hours.:grinpimp:

With that said the date wont work anyway:flipoff2:

New date to be announced closer to the leaving date:popcorn:

Everyone's happy to be in Mexico :bounce2:

DSCF0017.jpg

SAM_2618.jpg

Looks like good fun, but I'm out til at least December. John

Hmmm, I'm in San Diego that weekend... I wonder if the wife would believe I made a wrong turn, and it took me a day to get back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom