March 2012 monthly trail run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Looking for a volunteer for the CSC March run.:idea:

You pick the run
Any degree of difficultly
Any place
Any weekend of the month

Don't be shy, guarantee someone will show.:grinpimp:

Time to get involved in your club. This is a great time of the year to get out.

Is there any way to keep in mind the TRAL events that are scheduled for the next few months?

So looks like March 10th and 24th are Tral dates for that month.

So looks like March 10th and 24th are Tral dates for that month.

March 24th is the TRAL event. March 10th is a Forest Service cleanup that TRAL is supporting. In the "old days" we did at least one cleanup a year, ether our own or supported. This would be a good candidate for our support, maybe call it our monthly event?

Only a few of us attend/support TRAL events, so I don't see the need to fully exclude those dates? :meh:

I suggest Bulldog Canyon
Rated Medium Difficulty in AZ backroads guide
Sunday 3/18/2012
Meet up Time/Meet up Place TBD

Kevin posted a link to get the permit via email. Everyone should have time to get this free permit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a week long class starting on the 19th and closing on the house the 22nd so I think that would be a ride I could use before the storm hits! ;)

Good idea. Shannon can wheel his Prius.:princess:

LOL!!!

If "da man" will cut me some slack, and someone will give me a ride.....I could be in attendance.

like im able to make any of the runs lately!!! But the Prius would be fun....for a little while.

I suggest Bulldog Canyon
Rated Medium Difficulty in AZ backroads guide
Sunday 3/18/2012
Meet up Time/Meet up Place TBD

Kevin posted a link to get the permit via email. Everyone should have time to get this free permit.

The "Prius" back story: The trail had a few badly washed out areas that needed to be fixed. We went out, documented them, offered to hand stack, install water bars, repair them. The FS sent the engineers out, who proceed to grade the whole trail system flat.:mad:

So, we are at the TRAL meeting, one of the members is a tour co. owner, his story: He had a hummer full of tourists, giving his speech: You are riding in one of the toughest 4x4 ever made, without it, we wouldn't be able to enjoy this great scenery... Look up and a Prius comes over the hill! He was not a happy camper!:eek::lol:

That said, it is a great area, very close to town, etc. I haven't been out to view the "improvement or destruction", depending on how you look at it, and have been meaning to get out there. Just don't expect much or any challenge, even the FS personal, who drive stock F250's, say it is way too easy and there hasn't been any significant storms since the destruction it improve it.

This thread has some good pix of how it looked: https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/444888-tuesday-12-28-bulldog-canyon-wheeling.html In a couple of the pix, the tour hummer in question, can be seen in the background.

Most of the "challenges" pictured were optional, had bypasses. The main area of concern is where the rigs are going downhill in the pix. It is a long descent into the main wash, it had some washouts that made the trail more challenging than rated and no bypass. My understanding is; they graded over the challenging lines and left or closed off the bypasses, it would have been much easier to simply grade the bypasses.:mad:

I took some scouts up in there camping this weekend, but used the Wolverine gate and camped off the 1356. Which sections are you talking about? I haven't been all through there, but planned on driving the 10 one weekend. 3512 hasn't been graded, but there wasn't much the stock 100 had issue with. The 12 however was quite a bit more technical, and more than I wanted to explore alone with my 3yo at dusk.

I ran 10 and 1356 and the short spur (3512?) north to the spring. I did not run 12 or south on 3512.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom