97 FZJ80 Securikey+ Programming HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I bit the bullet and bought an extra alarm remote/key for our '97 FZJ80, since we had only 1 working remote. It's the SecuriKey+ that has the remote on the key itself. The friend that works at the Toyota dealership gave me a copy of the Programming instructions, but I've tried more than 20 times programming with no luck.

Has anyone successfully programmed a new remote? The remote has 3 buttons - Lock (& arm alarm), Unlock (& disarm alarm) and a green round button. The old remote's green button basically turns on the headlights for 30 seconds. The system works on 6 channels, and the instruction sheet seemed pretty clear, but I wasn't able to get it to work like it should.

If anyone has any experience or recommendations, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,On the factory alarm system I dont know much between Landcrusier and LX450, but last 2 weeks ago i just reprogrammed my factory alarm @ the dealer , which they showed me how to reprogrammed it by pressing the remote simultaneously (same time you adjusting the alarm brain right under the driver seat) all you need is small screw driver thats it.

Doug,

I'm certain that I don't have the RS Series Alarm system. As I mentioned, the remote is NOT a key fob, but it's part of the key. I ordered an extra from a Toyota dearlership that came with a "B" blank. From reading some previous posts, I think it's made by Audiovox, but I'm not convinced, as I could not find any info from their website. In the meantime, I will keep searching for programming information before I take it to the dealership.

Thanks for the help.

Chuck

Hmmmm....
I don't ever recall seeing or hearing of an 80 with a key like that. Later models, yes...and other toyota/lexus models have them, but not the 97.

I did a quick google and found these...
http://www.birfield.com/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=securikey+&idxname=80scool
From what I can gather, some dealerships in TX installed them on cruisers they sold...

a recall here:
http://www.tirekick.com/feb99/rcla2-99.htm
and here:
http://www.recalldata.org/1998/36678.shtml
and here (scroll down to GULF STATES TOYOTA DISTRIBUTORS, INC.)
http://www.autoworld.com/news/NHTSA/Recall1-99.htm

I ran across a forum with instructions on how to program, but it wouldn't let me get the info (even after I registered). Here's the link to that site, if you want to give it a shot:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=voteavg
look for Securikey+

based on what little I've read...if it was mine, I'd yank the POS system and install an aftermarket one.

Doug,

I don't have a digital camera at this time (wife is out of town with it), so I can't attach a photo. Anyhow, I have a '97 40th Edition, if it makes a difference. As I mentioned, the remote part of the key has the name "SecuriKey+" on it. The remote and key is about 4 inches long.

Chuck

Last edited:
Chuck,
Check out the post just above the one you posted...
This thing seems to be something that was added by the dealer (Gulf State Toyota). Some of them were recalled, apparently. You may want to check if yours was part of the recall.

Good luck.

Thanks Doug for your help. After browsing through the recalls, I think it involves the 98 - ? models. My old remote works fine, never had any problems. Maybe I'm just missing something on the programming instructions. I'm going to re-read it and mess with it a little more.

Cheers,

Chuck

that Tundrasolutions web page claims to have instructions for programming that thing, but I can't seem to get to the link with the info...

I'm sure if I coughed up a few bucks to them, I could get it...but ih8mud's the only board I support :flipoff2: :D

Chuck,

If you get programming instructions on the Securikey please send them to me. I'm making a feeble attempt at archiving all of the alarm information.

-B-

-B-

I surely will. I have a photocopy of the instructions, but I don't own a working scanner. How about you e-mail me at: chuckcharu@earthlink.net or PM me with your mailing address & I'll send a copy to you.

If you understand the instructions (better than me) or have any insight after reading the programming instructions, let me know...

Thanks,

Chuck

-B-

I surely will. I have a photocopy of the instructions, but I don't own a working scanner. How about you e-mail me at: chuckcharu@earthlink.net or PM me with your mailing address & I'll send a copy to you.

If you understand the instructions (better than me) or have any insight after reading the programming instructions, let me know...

Thanks,

Chuck

Any progress on this? I just bought a 40th Edition with this same system and am flummoxed by the programming. Is it possible just to buy fobs instead of this crappy key?

Thanks.

Dude I know exactly what you have, gulf states trucks(texas, new mexico etc.) came with a securikey alarm system which was a port (shipping port) installed option for toyota, there is a lock, an unlock and the green buttom is a remote start for this system. Your truch may not have this remote start system in it. Cruiser dan may be able to order it, I have to buy it from champion toyota in texas for $100. I have a programming link

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=67773&highlight=securikey

If the link doesn't work search gulf securikey in this forum. If you need any further help pm me.
Eldgen.

by the way securikey is an audiovox unit that they will not service so don't waste your time with them.

Any progress on this? I just bought a 40th Edition with this same system and am flummoxed by the programming. Is it possible just to buy fobs instead of this crappy key?

Thanks.

You have to buy the key and fob setup as one. I tried to find them seperate and unless you can find a cut one on ebay good luck

I have bought several new Securikey+ fobs from Toyota of Dallas (www.trdparts4u.com) and the price was very reasonable, I think around $30 each. With the nice TLCA discount it was less than several went for on Ebay. They cut the keys for me and programmed them without any problems. I think they had the key blanks also, but my fobs had been immersed and superglued enough that I just bought new ones.

Dude I know exactly what you have, gulf states trucks(texas, new mexico etc.)

Not that it matters but New Mexico is under the TMS USA umbrella. Gulf States Toyota is Texas, Louisiana, and a few other states that border the Gulf of Mexico. NM is 1,000 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

-B-

Not that it matters but New Mexico is under the TMS USA umbrella. Gulf States Toyota is Texas, Louisiana, and a few other states that border the Gulf of Mexico. NM is 1,000 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

-B-

Thanks for the technical exception

Dude I know exactly what you have, gulf states trucks(texas, new mexico etc.) came with a securikey alarm system which was a port (shipping port) installed option for toyota, there is a lock, an unlock and the green buttom is a remote start for this system. Your truch may not have this remote start system in it. Cruiser dan may be able to order it, I have to buy it from champion toyota in texas for $100. I have a programming link

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=67773&highlight=securikey

If the link doesn't work search gulf securikey in this forum. If you need any further help pm me.
Eldgen.

I'll check this out and report back. I appreciate it.

I've owned a 1994 80 since January of 1994. When I bought the 40th Anniversary and saw the key that came with it, I was seriously underwhelmed. Way below the quality I've come to expect from Toyota, esp. the Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom