Snow Plow Pics... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well here are some more. I pushed with it today and it is real smooth. The conditions were far from ideal with frozen slush etc. No problems very little jarring, no crazy alternator draw(I thought about upgrading). Im real happy. Hard to know long term effects but only plowing 4-5 hours per storm depending, will help. Cristo hope you can see the mount ok I used the smokes to give alittle scale I can take more pics if you want. The mount is designed so well the guys at Crane's Outdoor Power Equipment in Caanan CT. are the best. This is truly a working rig now. MSGGrunt thanks again for Buckshot Mudders they work great for this.

Mud 1.jpg

Mud 2.jpg

Mud 4.jpg
Mud 1.jpg
Mud 2.jpg
Mud 4.jpg

Thats a slick setup. Hope it works out for you. I wish we would get some snow.

:cheers:

You can have some of ours any time you want. Please. It's hard on fishing. :)

That plow idea has some real merit. My mind is already whirling. Thanks for the future project. :cheers:
P1012211.JPG
P1012212.JPG
P1012224.JPG

attachment.php

Nice! How about a few full side shots?

I am really digging the look of the plow on the 80!

wow, the 80 is already a tough looking truck, but with a plow, it looks like it could go head on with a tank or something... haha

i also like the wheels with that setup...

ryan

Cristo, I have a Western plow mount that came off an 80... Its mounts to the frame very simmillar to the fisher (Which are both owned by the same company), let me know when/if you want it.

I run a plow business in the mountains (2 trucks, 2 skid steers and a municipal tractor).

Why wouldn't you use an 80.. 3/4 ton, or better drivetrain, tight turning radius, great heater, decent visibility.

I used it on a driveway that hasnt been touched in weeks today. 3-4" of frozen crap and it peeled it up no problem. It's super smooth and strong no harsh feed back at all. I may add wings and for sure a deflector on top. With a couple hundred pounds of sand in the back it truly is a tank.:D

One of my neighbors has a FJ40 that is in nearly mint condition that they have used as a plow truck for years. I have no idea why it hasn't rusted out like most 40's and I know it doesn't have an aluminum tub.

If a 40 can plow, an 80 would be superb. Nice work!

Will the mount clear a ARB winch bumper?
Can they make another mount?
Dont know about ARB...I can ask but I'm sure it's something they would want to do in there shop with the truck there.

Last edited:
i need one for people who drive extra slow in front of me

What size is that plow? I found a Diamond 7.5' locally pretty cheap and am thinking about trying to hook it up. It looks like yours is a 7'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom