Definitive led thread for 80s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
I may have gone a little overboard with the LEDs but some like their 80 to look like a 7-11 in Reno. :grinpimp:
DSCF4211.jpg
DSCF4360.jpg
DSCF4355.jpg

:eek:

The white gauges are from whitegauges.net...they are vinyl overlays

I changed the keyring to blue as well as the floor shift indicator. These are both type 74 bulbs and can be pulled out of the socket and replaced with LEDs.
You can't see the glovebox but I chose to put in a 3LED white type 74 in there. The vanity lights are also LED now.

before with green and after with blue
DSCF4150.jpg
DSCF4370.jpg
DSCF4369.jpg

Last edited:
LEDs:

Shift Indicator
(1)Type B - green------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Blue 2.99
(9)Type B - white------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Super White 2.99
Turn Signal Indicators
(2)194 - white---------------------------------------------------autolumination - T10 Wedge Item # Superstar W/Heatsink Super White 7.99
Gas empty
(1)194 - white---------------------------------------------------autolumination - T10 Wedge Item # Superstar W/Heatsink Super White 7.99
Cluster
(4)194 - green---------------------------------------------------autolumination - T10 Wedge Item # Superstar W/Heatsink Blue 7.99
(18)Type 74 - white----------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Super White 2.99
(3)Twistlock bases needed to add bulbs to non-us holes------------autolumination - Twist Lock Item # 74 .29
Defrost
(1)Type B - white------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Super White 2.99
(1)Type B - amber-----------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Red 2.99
Rear Heater
(1)Type B - white------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Super White 2.99
(1)3mm Green LED (soldered)---------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-B2030 Blue 3mm LED $ 0.63
(1)3mm Amber LED (soldered)---------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-R5030 Red 3mm LED $ 0.60
Hazard
(1)Type B - white--------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Red 2.99
Antenna
(1)Type A - white--------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type A Blue 2.99
PWR/2ND
(2)3mm Green LED (soldered)---------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-B2030 Blue 3mm LED $ 0.63
CenterDiff
(1)Type B - white---------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Super White 2.99
Security
(1)5mm squared off LED (soldered)
Heater
(3)Type B - green--------------------------------------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Blue 2.99
(12)3mm green LED (soldered)--------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-B2030 Blue 3mm LED $ 0.63
(2) 3mm amber LED (soldered)--------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-R5030 Red 3mm LED $ 0.60
CigLighter ring
(1)Type B - green - removed from base (soldered)-------------------autolumination - Neowedge Item # Single Led Type B Blue 2.99
Floor Shifter
(1)Type 74 - green-------------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Blue 2.99
Key Ring
(1)Type 74 - green-------------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Blue 2.99
GloveBox
(1)Type 74 - white-------------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Tri-Power Super White 3.99
AshTray
(1)Type 74 - white-------------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Blue 2.99
Visor/Vanity light
(2)31mmX5mm fuse looking thing-----------------------------------autolumination - Festoon Bulb Item # 3 Led Super White 7.99
MapLight
(1)Ba9 - white------------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet Item # 48 Led SMT Array Cool White 24.99
You may need to reverse the red and black wires. Take them out of the plug and swap.
DomeLight
(2)31mm festoon----------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet Item # 48 Led SMT Array Cool White 24.99
Courtesy Lights
(4)194 - white------------------------------------------------------superbrightleds - WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $ 2.99 (each) - Cool White WLED-CW5 0.95
License Plate
(2)168/194 - white-------------------------------------------------autolumination - T10 Wedge Item # Supernova Super White 7.99
Window Switch
(1)3mm green LED (soldered)----------------------------------------superbrightleds - RL3-B2030 Blue 3mm LED $ 0.63

Rear Markers

(2)194 - white------------------------------------------------------autolumination - T10 Wedge Item # 4-Star Super White 7.99
JDM Side Markers
(2)194 - amber-----------------------------------------------------superbrightleds - WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $ 2.99 (each) - Amber WLED-A5

Front and Rear Turn Signals

(4)1156 - amber------------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet Item # Eagle Eye Tower 11led $24.00 (each)
Dual Filament 1157 - Front side markers(1157 not stock - only used if you have modified the side markers to flash) stock is a 194 amber
(2)1156 - amber-----------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet
Item # Eagle Eye Tower 11led $ 24.99 (each)

Red Instrument lights - Brake - Diff lock - Airbag - etc. trying red to eliminate the pink looking red caused by LED white bulbs.
(10)Type 74 - red----------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Red 2.99

Slee Rear Bumper License Light
(1)Ba15s--------------------------------------------------------autolumination - Cool White - G18 Small Head - 15Led Matrix
$9.99

SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories

www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Last edited:
These are the switches:

PWR and 2nd are LEDs that can be resoldered with a little work. I chose to make the PWR blue and the 2nd red.
The Defrost is two type B bulbs, one with an amber condom and the other white. These were swapped out for a red and blue LED.
The security light is a single red led...I didn't change this one but it would be simple enough to do.

I will update this for the center diff lock but I assume it is a type B
DSCF4230.jpg
DSCF4231.jpg
DSCF4232.jpg

Last edited:
more switches:

The hazard is a single white type B
The rear heat is a type B with two 3mm LEDs
The antenna up/down is the only odd bulb and it is a type A (8mm vs 9mm)
DSCF4233.jpg
DSCF4234.jpg
DSCF4236.jpg

Last edited:
Cigarette lighter ring:

This is a modified type B bulb removed from the twist socket and soldered into the prongs. I used a blue LED for the ultimate pimp look.
CIG1.jpg
CIG2.jpg

Last edited:
LED JDM side markers for that extra flair! :cool:

The 2nd light mod to the doors shows the difference between incandescent and LED in one pic.
DSCF4205.jpg
DSCF4201.jpg
DSCF4190.jpg

Diode 101....

LEDs are diodes and are sensitive to polarity (they will only work one way unlike the bulbs you are replacing). Check the LEDs before removing them from the circuit boards. A few were marked + or - but were not correct.

Break out your handy meter and set the dial to....
DSCF4432.jpg

Last edited:
P I M P

now your 80 looks like a 7-11 in Reno at midnight! :grinpimp:

I used white LEDs for all the indicator lights of the instrument panel and the reds seem washed out. The pink seatbelt light and brake light are a little ghey looking. I may replace these with red LEDs but I haven't tried that yet.

added an extra OE dome for fun with another 48led array.
DSCF4314.jpg

Last edited:
holy sheit .... thats my only reaction for now .... do you not go blind with all those lights at night ? I did mark this thread incase I ever want to splice mine up though

HOLY!!!

Move over LX_TREME!!!:D

I'll have to study what you've done and maybe try to duplicate some of them myself!:hillbilly:

I like it Mike!

Mot :)

You are a freak... lol! Looks great!

I stopped reading ,, and just stared at the pics a few times, I will also be back for a good study ,, need some of this Im sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom