Carb "rings" can you change them out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know if you can change the "rings" in a carb. I've got 31mm primary and 35mm secondary in mine. These rings are pressed/crimped into the carb body. Does anyone know if you can buy different size "rings"

pics of the rings: 31 is the primary and 35 is the secondary
097.jpg
100.jpg
101.jpg

That carb has terrible casting flaws... one of the worst ones I've seen... what makes you want to change the "rings" as you call them??

seeing how you're an expert on carb castings.... where can I get different "rings" as I call them?? ;p

Might want to invite Jim Chenoweth into the thread. He might know.

If the carb is an AISIN, you might want to call their US office and see if the parts are still available.

venturi?

if i'm not mistaken the term your looking for is venturi,yes it can be replace.i suggest take it to reputable carb shop that can do the job,if there is any left.around here there getting scarce,everybody seem to go F.I nowadays. john

yeah i think it might be venturi.. the fsm calls the part that sits inside it a venturi.

attachment.php

They are called venturies, and the only carbs that i know have changable ones are Barry Grants 4 barrels and side/down draft types like Dellortos Mikunis and Webers.

They are called venturies, and the only carbs that i know have changable ones are Barry Grants 4 barrels and side/down draft types like Dellortos Mikunis and Webers.

do those screw in or are the crimped like the oem ones (the pics above are an oem 60 carb)

This thread is useless without monofilament line and little buckwheat heads in the pics

Even if you could install larger "rings" there would be no benefit, the butterfly throttle body valve plate base would still restrict the air flow.....

Even if you could install larger "rings" there would be no benefit, the butterfly throttle body valve plate base would still restrict the air flow.....

that's not true... the base (the lowest part of the carb) has two holes with butterflies. the primary hole (the smaller hole) is larger than 38mm, the secondary hole is 41+mm. They could handle larger "rings" if installed on the center section of the carb.

I have to agree, the casting texture of that carb is ruff, glad mine doesn't look like that. So, whats your plan on removing those puppies?

I have to agree, the casting texture of that carb is ruff, glad mine doesn't look like that. So, whats your plan on removing those puppies?

It's just my great camera skills. :D.. I'm just curious if Toyota ever sold that part. I did not see it in any part micros and the fsm doesn't mention it as a replaceable part.

HHmmm :hmm:.... no part# and no FSM indication of being serviceable = no name... Oh wait! we do have a name... "rings" ;)

Why not just take it to your local machine shop and have it bored to your specs? :idea: being your hell bound on this mod. :bang:

HHmmm :hmm:.... no part# and no FSM indication of being serviceable = no name... Oh wait! we do have a name... "rings" ;)

Why not just take it to your local machine shop and have it bored to your specs? :idea: being your hell bound on this mod. :bang:

lol.. you are reading to much into my original question. I'm not hell bound to do anything. I was just wondering if anyone had ever run across different size "rings" or changed them.

one other thing... if Toyota did not intend to have different "ring" options; why would the "rings" be numbered, and why would the "rings" be crimped into the carb instead of just machining the curve into the base metal. The base had to be machined so the "ring" would fit correctly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom