1977 Complete Restoration (All The Way) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here I go. From the start. Frame sitting on concrete. A long way to go. Are we up to it? Well here we go.

P.S. I am a little delayed in my thread. I have been at it for about nine weeks with 3 day weekends and working every night after work. So here we go. I hope you guys enjoy, it's well worth it to me.
1.jpg
6.jpg
20.jpg

Let's keep moving. I have a lot to catch up on.

Next is springs and new shackles and shackle pins.

I know they look wimpy, but I'm going for original.

Rear end before then rear end after, with all new hardware.

In the middle of the rear end restoration ( new bearings, seals, and races) I messed up an replaced the studs, nuts, and washers. Now I set a precedence for myself, but it sure looks good.

Looks good so far,, I am currently in the same process.

Can't wait to see your pics and read about your restoration. I have a 77 too. Don't have the space or money to restore now, but will one day. Good luck.

nice start , ill look forward to the rest of this. When i bought my star it was a day or so before it showed up and i could post more pictures

I'm glad to get some feedback hedgehog. Standby, I will not pull any punches. So far, any parts that could be separated have been, any gasket, bearing, race, nut, bolt, seal, or washer has been replaced. Everything has been blasted to white metal and re-coated. If you would like to start anew thread on coatings, I could get involved. To date, this cruiser only has POR-15 as the rust preventative with the POR chasis coat as the final coat. So far it seems to be rock hard. there were times when the differential had to be torqued to very high foot pounds and the pry bar did not mess the coatng. I have been highly impressed

We'll go back in time. Rear end rebuild. I bought a 100 pound pot blaster. Bad idea.
It takes way too much air and way too much sand. I now have a beach at the entrance to my shop. Seriously, the sand that i have inhaled will probably kill me, if you must go into restorations, buy a blasting cabinet. the larger projects just pay for it. I am still breathing funny.
43.jpg
45.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom