100 vs. 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been scouring the internet for my next vehicle build. I have almost narrowed it down to a toyota, but still have some narrowing to do. So the next question in my ever long quest is, "what are the advantages, if any, of the UZJ100 over the FZJ80?" Let the debate begin. :popcorn:

search. There's LOTS of threads comparing the two with posts by people who own/owned both.

:deadhorse:

a classic case

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, beaten to death, but the poor guy is in Alaska and it's January. Probably stuck in a buried cabin someplace with nothing to do but wonder about the meaning of 100 life... Let's be generous, and at least point him in the right direction -as our TM did- so he can pass the time till the thaw? :)

Or one could think of a new angle to this question? but that'd be damn hard... :D

Just buy one of each and find out for yourself by the seat of your pants!
You can pick up an 80 all day long in the lower 48 for 6-9k and an early 100 for 11-14k.
So for less than the price of a new car, you can have both, figure it out for yourself.

Have fun!! ;)

yup, beaten to death, but the poor guy is in Alaska and it's January. Probably stuck in a buried cabin someplace with nothing to do but wonder about the meaning of 100 life... Let's be generous, and at least point him in the right direction -as our TM did- so he can pass the time till the thaw? :)

Or one could think of a new angle to this question? but that'd be damn hard... :D

It may not be a cabin, but with temps in the low teens, snow and ice all over there isn't a whole lot to do. Thanks for the help everybody!

Hilarious way to ask!

Well I wasn't sure if there were any advantages, I assumed the creature comforts would be better in the 100, but wasn't sure about any others. I have read your build thread extensively on your 100, and am going through your 80 build thread right now. Both are great rigs! Once I get my next air force assignment I think I will check out the nearby trails to see if the 80 or 100 would be better. Some one had mentioned checking out the ROTW for the 80's but am having some trouble finding that thread. I don't see it on the 80 forum, does anyone have a link for it they can shoot my way? Thanks :beer:

Oh...no...I follow ya. I missed that verbiage on the first read. I was laughing when I caught it later. Just sounds funny! Hey, enjoy your project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom