For Sale FJ-55 Cummins Best Offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-55 with a Cummins 6BT 5.9L diesel engine. (12 valve)

Located in Northwest Arkansas

It's a manual 5-speed transmission.

It has a spring-over-axle conversion to accommodate the new engine and so it also has new shock absorbers and new steering linkages.

The front seat has been re-upholstered to brand new condition and the back seat is okay. The headliner is also brand new.

The gauges work fine, as does the power rear window.

_MAX2012.jpg

_MAX2009.jpg

_MAX2005.jpg

_MAX2010.jpg

Asking $9,000 or Best Offer

gobofongo@gmail.com

(479 202-4301)​

I'm selling it because I have a cooler Land Cruiser, and because I'm leaving the country for a while. It was my plan since I bought it to fix it up and sell.

Some of you saw my threads about buying it and fixing it up. Sorry I didn't keep up the build thread but I've been extremely busy with a lot of projects and just kept forgetting about the forum :frown:

I've fixed, re-wired, installed, and welded on it to the point that it is now 100% working and safe to drive. I re-upholstered the front seat and installed new seat belts, fixed the headliner, bought new shocks then welded on new shock mounts, installed new steering, a new cooling fan, a new speedo, re-wired the gauges, and a hundred little things more. I really appreciate all the help and great info I've found here along the way.

Last edited:
Diesel title or not, registration in California shouldn't be a problem since this is a 1971 and so no smog check required.

Great color!

have the axles been cut n turned?

No, I just added brackets on top of the axles, the stock ones are still there.

how old is repaint?

I do not know, long before I got it, but the paint is in good shape except for some fading on the roof.

any pics of engine?

_MAX2066.jpg

h55f/ split case? or other?

The engine and transfer case are both from the same 1993 Dodge truck. About 100,000 on the engine.

gearing in axles? axles rebuilt? or photos of birfs?

They're the stock toyota axles, not rebuilt. I'll get some photos later on though.

interior shots?

I'll get some, sorry.

What about the intercooler

I thought all the cummins had intercoolers in front of the radiator. thats why I asked

89-93 6bt motors were non-intercooled. At least the ones in the dodge pick-ups. 94 and on are intercooled. This motor also has the VE injection pump on it.

89-93 6bt motors were non-intercooled. At least the ones in the dodge pick-ups. 94 and on are intercooled. This motor also has the VE injection pump on it.

89-91.5 were non intercooled. 91.5-93 were intercooled.

Sweet. Trade you my 40 for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom