For Sale 74 FJ-40 in New York (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1974 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser for sale. Vehicle is in great shape. Has been my baby and work in progress for 4 years now but other things have come up and it must go. 4 years ago I had this torn completely down to the frame. Everything was gone through, cleaned up, and replaced if need be. List of what I have done but not limited to is:
- Replaced rear tub with aluminum Aqualu tub. Has fold down tail gate with storage and also has trunk
- Installed 4 inch suspension from Man-A-Fre
- Old man emu shocks and steering stabilizer
- Upgraded heavy duty tie rod and relay rod
- All new tie rod ends and rebuilt drag link
- Replaced seals in manual steering box
- Installed completely rebuilt front disc axle from 77 FJ-40 (best thing I ever did) Just finished this last week
- Best Top soft top (1 year old)
- Best top Bikini top
- New eagle alloy 589 wheels with 33 12.50 BFG Mud terrains.
- Metal tech full roll cage installed, powder coated black.
- Fold and tumble rear seat from Suzuki Samarai
- All new light
- 6 into 1 header
- 38/38 weber carb with electric choke
- Mallory electronic distributer and coil with custom fit wires
- Everything works as it should
Things it needs:
- Motor has about 187,000 miles. It is the F.5 engine. Cruiser gods say this was a transition motor from the F to 2F. She blows a little smoke on start up but runs really strong.
- Needs a winch. I was going to put Warn 8274 on. The bumper is from CCOT and is designed for it.
- Needs a rear tire carrier
- Needs to have rear drive shaft balanced or a C-V style put on. With lift it causes a little vibration. I have driven it this way for 3 years now with no issues though. Just an annoyance.
Other then that she is solid and loads of fun. Feel free to contact me @ 845-367-2054. Can come look at it and drive it. I can also help with delivery within reason. I am located in New Windsor, NY. Price is 10,000.
You will not be disappointed in this cruiser. Thanks, Dan.

101_8142.jpg

101_8143.jpg

101_8144.jpg

101_8142.jpg
101_8143.jpg
101_8144.jpg

Last edited:
I would say you are right on par. That is a very nice truck. The economy sucks but your truck doesn't. Hopefully you are not in a hurry to sell as you will get what you are asking.

bump!

T.T.T

spring time bump

Finally!!! A real beauty in NY :bounce:! Wish this cherry could break my FJ cherry...but to do that would also break my bank. It's nice to know that there is a great FJ in my area for a reasonable price....but it's hard to justify spending 12k on a toy for myself while I'm also planning a wedding. My future wife is amazing....lets see where a little chat can get me.

Finally!!! A real beauty in NY :bounce:! Wish this cherry could break my FJ cherry...but to do that would also break my bank. It's nice to know that there is a great FJ in my area for a reasonable price....but it's hard to justify spending 12k on a toy for myself while I'm also planning a wedding. My future wife is amazing....lets see where a little chat can get me.

Bring her on over and take it for a ride!

fj40

Guy's I have seen this in person and it is every bit what his is saying plus a lot more, It is one sweet ride and who ever ends up with it will be getting a deal. Dan's a straight up guy also, I have bought from in the past, only wish I had the funds to get it for myself.:cheers:

lee

Bumparooski for a fella across the river...I'm afraid to come and see it Dan...:lol:

End of week bump

Have done a bit of work last few weekends. Replaced rear main seal and pan gasket. Finally no leaks! Replaced valve cover with an alluminum one off a 77 FJ-40. No leaks there either. Pulled the top off yesterday and took it for a drive to shake the winter out of it. Ran really good.

Yeah it sold on ebay but still waiting on the payment and what not. We will see. Will let you all know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom