GMP anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since GSMTR won't be there this year, and I haven't heard of any other plans for trips there, I'm thinking of trying to get to Golden Mountain for a weekend trip there soon. Right now I'm looking at the last weekend in April; The 27th & 28th. That's three weeks before GSMTR. Be a great shakedown run since, if anyone doesn't already know, Windrock will be a much less forgiving place than GMP.

Not set in stone, just throwing it out there as a feeler cause I'd like to go. If it ends up raining that weekend, I'd probably divert to one of the Huntsville area trails instead..... GMP is :censor: terrible in the rain - right Rance?

4xsteve said:
GMP is :censor: terrible in the rain - right Rance?

:) Shall we say its really slick :) sounds fun but count me out

really slick would be one way to put it

2012-03-24_10-29-21_425.jpg

I want to make a shake down run before GSMTR myself but I have to have somthing to shake down first and Im not sure when mine will be back together yet.:bang:

jason in tn said:

I want to make a shake down run before GSMTR myself but I have to have somthing to shake down first and Im not sure when mine will be back together yet.:bang:

If you had a set of BFG KM1 you might have made it :)

If you had a set of BFG KM1 you might have made it :)

Im still working on it buddy, Im really looking forward to getting those BFG fitted up and having it back on the trail.:steer:

Last edited:
jason in tn said:

Nice!

I might be able to go. Let you know

I might be able to go. Let you know
Cool. Of course I'll try to keep this updated as to when and where in case weather gets bad. I'd love to just use the Cove as the backup plan, but that's another couple hours away for me.

Well, not that there was much interest anyway, this trip might not happen now. Since returning from the LSLC Roundup, there's talk of an unofficial "Big Junk Run" ([c] White Trash) at Clayton OK around this time. Hopefully the Clayton run will happen, but if not, I'll be going somewhere to wheel depending on the weather.

Clayton run isn't panning out too well now either. Don't know if it'll be GMP or Holly Tree, probably weather dependent, but hoping to still make a trip somewhere if anyone is still interested.

GMP is still on my calendar for next weekend if it's not raining.

I believe you have more time off than all STLCA members put together! Jus sayin

I believe you have more time off than all STLCA members put together! Jus sayin
So you gotta be in the military to have weekends off nowadays? Or am I just the only guy left that doesn't have a "honey-do" list? :doh:

The 19th thru 21st is the GA Pig Roast.
I know, and I wish I could make it there but the mileage is right at double compared to GMP: 274mi to GMP, 518 to DT. Besides, last time I went to DT I broke my crawler, broke my winch, couldn't clear an overpass with my trailer load, had three trailer blowouts, stepped on my phone at a rest stop, and almost got kicked out of the Navy for missing a day of work due to the blowouts.

Me at DT..... :ban:

It's probly gonna rain and kill my plans anyway. :frown:

It's probly gonna rain and kill my plans anyway. :frown:
:censor: ←←← ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑→→→ YYYUUP!

Guess I'll just have to stay home and finish my GSMTR preps instead. Oh well, being productive is good too I guess, right?? :rolleyes:

:censor: ←←← ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑→→→ YYYUUP!

Guess I'll just have to stay home and finish my GSMTR preps instead. Oh well, being productive is good too I guess, right?? :rolleyes:

You run out of stuff to do on yours your welcome to come finish mine up.

Sent from my detachment from reality.

You run out of stuff to do on yours your welcome to come finish mine up.
Would love to help. I love wrenching but you aren't quite "around the corner". haha :hillbilly: Good luck though

Lots of fast-paced wrenching going on in the Toyota world in the southeast right now I bet. :wrench:

Yep :bang:

Would love to help. I love wrenching but you aren't quite "around the corner". haha :hillbilly: Good luck though

Lots of fast-paced wrenching going on in the Toyota world in the southeast right now I bet. :wrench:

2 full days and a lot more I would like to do, but at this point I can say its ready to go.

Sent from my detachment from reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom