GSMTR 2013 Poll (Take 2) - Where do you wanna take your truck? (1 Viewer)

Where should GSMTR 2013 be held?

• Return to Golden Mountain Park

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Try Coal Creek and camp at Windrock

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I will go no matter where it is

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
So the suggestion has been made that a poll be posted regarding the location for GSMTR in 2013.
We are interested in seeing a real number on this and your comments are welcome.

The two options STLCA is weighing is return to Golden Mountain Park or go to Coal Creek / Windrock

There are pros and cons of each that have been briefly discussed. Regardless, a decision must be made pretty soon to reserve our date in May 2013.

Voted. Southeast will go and sponsor no matter the location.

I have to second this. I will definitely go (and most likely will sponsor again) regardless of location. As I have stated previously, I like GMP and would like to return there, but I have never been to CC so I cannot weigh in on the pros and cons.

voted... again.

I love GMP, but will go where the majority wants to go. GMP is suited to my style of riding and I LOVE the place. But I realize most folks do not want to scuff up their junk.
Let's have GSMTR in a mall parking lot!

Hells yeah!

I'll still find a way to beat my junk!

Wait. What?

I would too!

I mean, this is what folks are complaining about... a ledge at the entrance of trail 2?! Oh lawd, heaven forbid you take the toughest production vehicle known to man over a double ledge to go TRAIL RIDING?!
I'm gonna heckle because I find it funny that folks are complaining about the exact thing that we have these rigs for... to wheel them!

Land Speeder said:
I would too!

I mean, this is what folks are complaining about... a ledge at the entrance of trail 2?! Oh lawd, heaven forbid you take the toughest production vehicle known to man over a double ledge to go TRAIL RIDING?!
I'm gonna heckle because I find it funny that folks are complaining about the exact thing that we have these rigs for... to wheel them!

Ok let's look at it this way. I take two newbies out at night on a trail marked easy. I don't give a crap about them even though both have never set a tire on a trail before. I don't stand next to them and spot there every move, in the dark with crappy flashlights after we all had a few beverages. One or both of them roll their near perfect 40's, bang into rocks & trees and totally F-up their rigs on an easy trail. First of all, do you think those guys will ever come back to Gsmtr let alone any other cruiser event? Hell no, we have lost them forever and possibly a friendship depending if they would blame me or not.

I agree with you that most of us buy these trucks because they can handle near anything & are built tough. All I'm saying is that there needs to be some easier or longer "beginner trails" for those inexperienced drivers, people who don't want to severely tear up stuff like break glass or those drivers carrying precious cargo worth more than any F-n perfect imported FJ-75!!!!!

Ok I don't mean to call you out here but I got to.
GM had nothing to do with that nor did the miss marking of trails.
If they were really that new they had no business taking a trail at night period.

I do agree that not all cruiser owners want to go where they may incur damage.
There are a number of folks that are more the collector type that own either rare or pristine vehicles, they care more for their rigs then they do seeing what obstical they can get over.

There is no way I would take a sweet import or perfect 40 on a trail.

Last edited:
ClankBang said:
Ok I don't mean to call you out here but I got to.
GM had nothing to do with that nor did the miss marking of trails.
If they were really that new they had no business taking a trail at night period.

So you are saying that a more advanced person leading a trail marked easy at night with two newbies following is wrong? I'm not blaming Gm or anybody, just simply saying there aren't enough easier, longer trails there. Don't we want more members, more funds, more free stuff? It has already been stated by some they won't come back next year if @ Gm. I will be there either way because I had a blast this year. I wish I would have taken some harder trails & given the 60 some hell. I'm actually for staying @ Gm, just trying to help more newbies to join.

Yes..
I am saying that taking anybody that is as new as you say, (especially some one you have never seen wheel before) down a trail you have never been on at night is using poor judgment.

ClankBang said:
Yes..
I am saying that taking anybody that is as new as you say, (especially some one you have never seen wheel before) down a trail you have never been on at night is using poor judgment.

Oh well, they packed up and left the next morning anyway.

So you've never been on a new trail at night in your life?

Yes..
I have never agreed to take a total noob on a trail that I have never been on at night.
Or during the day for that matter (that is if I had not been on it before) .

I gotta agree with Clank on this one...
Night riding by itself is not for the faint at heart, add to that someone who has never seen the trail now add to that trying to guide two others that are new to offroading?
talk about disaster written up and down it...

Given the choices above I chose Coal Creek. I personally would like some other place since I live at Coal Creek, but I certainly would not look forward to returning to Golden Mtn. It just didn't offer enough.

sk8, your situation is exactly why I liked Harlan so much. Their trail marking was spot on and very reliable.

To be fair fellas you can not determine how someone else wants to use their truck or what is comfortable to them. What matters is that they have a Land Cruiser, enjoy getting out and riding it. Take it easy on those whose limits as less than yours. The best of both worlds is to offer enough options to please everyone. As a Toyota Land Cruiser Association event it should cater to a broader range of skill and comfort levels.

Hold the phone. You're from Chattanooga and had never seen trail 2 at GMP?!

To be fair fellas you can not determine how someone else wants to use their truck or what is comfortable to them. What matters is that they have a Land Cruiser, enjoy getting out and riding. As a Toyota Land Cruiser Association event it should cater to a broader range of skill and comfort levels.

I completely agree with this.. To take it one step further everyone should take responsibility for thier own actions. Even noobs should know night riding comes with its own set of challenges and should always know there is a chance of damage.

Yeah no kidding! Maybe we are the only ones on this earth that take/lead new trails at night. Honestly, I think I've wheeled as much @ night as I have in the day.

I'm sure you aren't, but you are blaming someone else for your actions. It's not the fault of the park or the map maker that you did what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom