You've been spotted (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I saw one of you guys today! But alas, I couldn’t get a picture in time. We were on 73rd in North Scottsdale, near Butherus Dr. around 12:30.

You were in a silver LX450 on 33s or 35s (I can’t tell the difference) sporting a Slee rear bumper with a hi lift mounted horizontally, ARB front bumper, and a dorkel. A slight oxidation on the hood and a modestly mounted front light bar.

I was in the clapped-out white 97 on 37s with a metaltech front bumper covered in scrapes and dings and unpainted White knucke sliders and rear 4x4Labs bumper. You may have noticed the faint chirping of the front Tatton DC driveshaft, which needs to be greased every couple weeks and is quite due.

We wound up next to each other at the light to Butherus, I was turning left and you were headed straight. I went to wave but you looked away, seemingly abhorred by the dried mud, pinstriping and bashed in doors and rocker panels. Or maybe you couldn’t see my wave through the tinted windows.

I went for my phone to get a pic, but the light turned green. My rear axle did a little dance under the truck from the shot rear bushings and with that we parted ways.

Do we have club cards? Anyway I could get a hold of some? I see cool Toyota's all over town.

I've got a stack, will you be at any meeting sometime soon? Reminds me should order more........

Acouple months back in Tempe at a Sprouts, really cool, well restored and all style.

Zona

IMG_8565.jpg
IMG_8563.jpg

I've got a stack, will you be at any meeting sometime soon? Reminds me should order more........

I won't be able to make it to the Tucson meeting this month (going to the White's for my birthday!) but I'll be making it to the next one.

I see a mix of at least 2 model years there, but it works. 👍

My guess the main vehicle is either a 70 or 71 model. Front turn signals are 63 to early 69. Door mirrors are 77+. Windshield is 75-77. Roll bar is 74-76. Diamond plate have no idea when those were used. Never seen any listing for those in any parts manuals.:hmm::meh::rofl:;)

The Irony, this built rig passed the Big Red truck when I was heading South from Florence Junction and wish I could have snapped a pic. I followed it down the 79 till I had to turn off at Park Link.
Get home this evening and the Daughter sends a text "Is this one of you buddies?" She snaps this pic while going North on the 79...
YETI.jpg

^^^ jacked up sequoia?
Something looked off even when it was coming up in my rear mirrors. Look at the pic, leaf sprung and Dana 60's?

Something looked off even when it was coming up in my rear mirrors. Look at the pic, leaf sprung and Dana 60's?

Did it have a solid axle mod up front? Not sure I understand going to all that much work on a Sequoia. Few years back I was talking to Eric @murf at CBT. He took a call from someone wanting to add a lift on a second gen Sequoia. I own a second gen and makes a great puppy hauler between homes and for towing my car hauler but just to big a monster for off road. Maybe I've driving the 40 series too long.

Did it have a solid axle mod up front? Not sure I understand going to all that much work on a Sequoia. Few years back I was talking to Eric @murf at CBT. He took a call from someone wanting to add a lift on a second gen Sequoia. I own a second gen and makes a great puppy hauler between homes and for towing my car hauler but just to big a monster for off road. Maybe I've driving the 40 series too long.
Too hard to tell. It looked like it was sitting on a truck frame.

IMG_1994.jpg

The boyfriend's cruiser spotting training is developing, although he still can't tell me what model this is...:doh:

Spotted around Baseline & McLintock in Tempe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom