Yet another rear bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice bumper build. I'm about to do mine.
How have you managing water out of the light pockets? I didn't seen any drain holes. Accumulated water or mud can start rust.

Nothing to manage really. Whatever water that may collect will go away with vibration, inertia or gravity from the next hill climb. All I've seen there is leftover dust from dried out puddles.

Nothing to manage really. Whatever water that may collect will go away with vibration, inertia or gravity from the next hill climb. All I've seen there is leftover dust from dried out puddles.

I was more refering to accumulation during the vehicle been parked or slick mud which sticks.
I also mentioned that some sort of rectangular insert was welded to the main bumper beam. What size is it? I dont remember seing such big ones

I was more refering to accumulation during the vehicle been parked or slick mud which sticks.
I also mentioned that some sort of rectangular insert was welded to the main bumper beam. What size is it? I dont remember seing such big ones

I suppose that's plausible it could rust in that scenario. Parked in a wet environment for an extended period. I would hope the powder coat would resist rust for a good long time. I'm thinking if it sat in that state long enough for rust in the bumper to be a problem, that would be the least of my issues. And in my environment moisture is rarely a problem.

The shackle recovery points are 1x2 steel sourced from Crawltech, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't think they offer them anymore, but other fab suppliers probably do. Or a water jet shop could make them easily.

I'm glad Alex bumped this thread. I like this bumper design a lot! How did everything hold up for those 6ish years before the glucosamine treatment? Is it low enough profile for the most part?

I'm glad Alex bumped this thread. I like this bumper design a lot! How did everything hold up for those 6ish years before the glucosamine treatment? Is it low enough profile for the most part?

So far, so good. It's taken a few hits with no ill effect. Performed a couple of emergency in town tows of a car trailer hauling a Mustang, then an ElCamino. No stress other than the driver sweating quick stops.

Low profile enough to do its job, but not be in the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom