XD 9000 stops intermittently. (1 Viewer)

Warn XD 9000. Re-winding rope yesterday and it stops sometimes. Clicking from control box. Does this in both directions. Then I wait a few minutes and it will work fine. Battery I'm running off was a bit low in charge. Solenoids in control pack need replacing? Replace with contactor? if that is even possible?

chupacabra
Clicking from the control box would seem to indicate that your solenoids are working. Last time that happened to me, it turned out to be the copper wearing off of the commutator of the (Chinese) replacement motor. The factory Warn motors are typically high quality though.

Thanks John McVicker. Warn's site seems to give me a part number for a contactor. Wish it wasn't so expensive. I will also try testing winch with the house battery fully charged. It did not seem to have any issues earlier in the fall.

wiring between solenoids, motor, and battery is all pretty clean and maintained. Unless something is wrong in the insulation or elsewhere that I can't see. I am doing ball joints and calipers this weekend. If I have time, I will re-charge and troubleshoot the winch some more. No point in having a winch that doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom