WTB: Headlight switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone has one, I could use a good working old style/rotary headlight switch. Cops stopped me last night for no taillights :eek: (jiggling the switch got them working, but it's happened before, and it's hard to tell it isn't working without getting out of the truck and walking around behind)..., so if anyone has a reliable spare they'd part with....:)

No, Dan, it's the early rotary style. Thanks for checking, though!

Wish i could help you but the spare i have does not work on all settings.

Sorry.

the few I have only work in a few positions, not all.

could you move the wire around in the back to the terminal that runs the headlights? and or take the switch apart and clean the contacts?

the few I have only work in a few positions, not all.

could you move the wire around in the back to the terminal that runs the headlights? and or take the switch apart and clean the contacts?

You know, that's a real good idea. I mean, who ever uses that setting that just lights the rears? I could probably just jumper those two terminals and it would be good! As for taking it apart, I've never looked to see how hard that would be.

Thanks, guys!

I've found that with a dremmel tool, you can fix lots of switches/relays and such. Usually it's just dirty contacts.

In the 4Runners there's a set of 4 relays that run the rear window, the board is $400 from toyota, or for $20 you can get new relays and solder them into your board, or for free you can cut them open and clean the contacts.... :D

attachment.php

Just hoping to inspire you to give the fix a shot. My thought is if it doesn't work now... You're not going to make it work any less... Good luck!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks! The problem is it works intermittently, and is fine most of the time. The last time I noticed it NOT working was last spring. Usually, I can glance back and see the reflection of the lights on the tailgate and double check, but the bed is filled with snow now, so I can't see.

I should be able to pull it apart.
DSCN5306 (Small).JPG

yep looks like mine! my wires go thru the holes in the posts. no eyelets.

I'm sure that's how it's supposed to be (like yours), but the eyelets seem like pretty good contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom