1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted WTB: FJ80 LC Coils

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Parts' started by TRDatVT, Feb 21, 2007.

1. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Guys, I recently purchased some LC coils and they are way to big (4.5 inches of lift on 3rd gen 4runner). I need to either replace them soon, or cut them? Does anyone have a set laying around that i could pick up... I really dont want to spend a whole lot since im a college student, but I will do what i gotta do to get them. Is there anything wrong with cutting them?

2. frodin1

frodin1

Which ones did you put on? What the color code on them? I've been looking for a set "on here" for a while but most are LX450 springs.

3. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Had them powdercoated, so i dont recall the colors... This was them
    http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/7d/0b/1308_12.JPG
    The seller said they were front coils out of a 1992 cruiser fj80... gave me 4.5 inches in the rear... need the smaller ones!

4. frodin1

frodin1

I just found some. This guy has a few different ones laying around though. Apparently 92 LC's have 8/9 wraps 94' have 7 wraps. WTF? PM me if you want his number. He's got some OME891's laying around too!

5. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Still need some coils folks... Front 95-97 appearantly are the ones i want... the 91-94's are 8 wraps, and I need 7... ANYONE? My rake looks rediculously stupid... just wanna fix it!

6. 450 DUDE

450 DUDE

Where you be @ ?

I have front and rear lx springs free for pick up, or one million dollars shipped.

In norcal

7. frodin1

frodin1

Must not want them to bad?? Yoour going to have the same problem if you put LX springs on.....

8. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

PM'ed... I would like a measurement and the number wraps if/when you get a chance?

9. 450 DUDE

450 DUDE

LX springs..

f = 20.5" 9 wraps?
    r = 19" 7 wraps?
    P1010001.jpg

10. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Yea unfortunately those are the big ones... I need 7 wraps! Thanks anyway!

11. chitown40

chitown40

I may have a set next week. Once I get my OME springs on I can check my stockers. You're looking for fronts with 7 wraps right?

12. frodin1

frodin1

I told a guy last night to put em' up on YT but I see there gone already. Geeze these things are hot!

13. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Yup... 7 wraps... front coils... How many miles would they have? How much?

14. frodin1

frodin1

Im wondering what the color codes will be?

15. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

Bump... any 7 wrap LC coils out there for sale?

16. alkaline747trio

alkaline747trio

The LX coils are the softest and would yeild the least lift...

17. frodin1

frodin1

Not true, they are soft but apparently they have 9 wraps and are taller overall. 97 LX 450 coils are a dime a dozen out there. The 7's are a quest. I had a guy tell me there's no difference between 91-97 springs until he put 94's next to another set from another year and there was a noticable difference.

18. ginericLC

ginericLC Wagon Wheeler! SILVER Star

There are a whole bunch of differences. I had two 94s that did not have the same color codes. The earlier ones 91 and 92 are slightly taller. What I'm not understanding is how this would greatly effect the lift when using them on 4runner. None of them are more than about a 1/4" difference in free height no matter what the color is, but I haven't compared the LXs. And since the Cruisers all sat about the same height from the factory and the weight really didn't change significantly after 93 why are they different in height on a 4Runner? I understand that the spring rate is different depending upon the number of wraps but the free height and loaded height doesn't seem to be much different at least when used on a Cruiser.

19. TRDatVT

TRDatVT

I got mine out of a 92 fj80 and they are 8 or 8.5 wrap and yielded 4.5 inches int he back which is more than i can keep up with up front without breaking s***!

20. frodin1

frodin1

TRDatVT, there's a place in Denver called Yotayard. They have coils there. However, I called them for some and they wanted 75 bucks each for them. You can buy new for just over 60. After they did that to me, I promtly wrote them a nice letter concerning good buisness pratices and how far it goes when you try to jack someone. You may want to give them a call and see what they have. I guess other people on YT have done business with them and had no issues. Since you know excatly what you want it wouldn't hurt.